Red Deer College is Now Hiring a Marketing Communications Consultant!
Red Deer College is looking for an individual with a passion for creativity to join the Marketing and Communications team. We strive to provide our stakeholders with top-notch, innovative marketing and communications strategies that are consistent with Red Deer College's overall brand image and exceptional customer service.
The Marketing and Communications Consultant will report to the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, and will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative and effective marketing strategies and tactics to support the entire College (all programs, Schools and service departments) in a competitive educational marketplace. A successful incumbent in this position will develop and implement marketing communications strategies that will deliver business results, while always focusing on recruitment, retention and branding.
- Advise internal clients on the development of comprehensive brand and marketing communications strategies that support overall strategic direction of College
- Advise internal clients on creative direction and media purchases; and on external communications promotions
- Assist internal clients with the strategic planning, creation and execution of College-wide brand and marketing initiatives
- Assist internal clients with social media requirements
- Develop creative content for both traditional and non-traditional marketing communications campaigns across integrated communications channels
- Develop ad plans, book and place all external advertising for internal clients
- Assist with maintaining a consistent "look and feel" for all external messaging and creative executions
- Manage working relationships with external print, advertising, photography and videography vendors as well as internal service providers
- Adhere to budgets identified by internal clients and negotiate with external vendors for production of required materials
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing and communications initiatives
- Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Media Relations
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Strong project management skills gained from experience managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated communication, analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to work with a variety of people, both internally and externally
- Ability to translate business needs, creating and implementing effective marketing and communications strategy into tactical creative solutions
- Relevant practical experience across key social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Ability to write a Business Brief and a Creative Brief
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent team skills
- Experience with graphic production and colour print process
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a working knowledge of PhotoShop and InDesign (or similar
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Media Relations
- Communications and Advertising Accredited Professional (CAAP) Designation and/or Accredited in Public Relations (APR)
Position Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is selected
Hours of Work: Each part time Marketing Communications Consultant role is responsible to work 17.5 hours per week
There are currently two (17.5 hrs/ week) vacancies for this role, one Part-Time, Term-Certain position and one Permanent Part-Time position. If you would like to be considered for both openings, you must submit your application to both competitions, 2015-A-093 and 2015-A-092. Please note there may be the opportunity to have both positions filled by the same candidate.
For more information about these vacancies please contact Joyce Fox, Director of Marketing & Communications at (403)-342-3203.