Mount Royal University is a progressive work environment that supports a fundamental belief in life balance. Here, employees have the opportunity to use their skills, share their knowledge and build their careers within a collaborative, quality-driven educational community.
Mount Royal’s University Advancement – Marketing department is seeking an experienced marketing professional to fulfill the role of Marketing Communications Associate. If you are interested in contributing your marketing, relationship-building and communications skills as part a diverse, top-performing team, this position represents a unique opportunity.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Communications Associate must be able to:
- advance the priorities of Mount Royal University and its major academic faculties and administrative divisions through smart, practical and budget-sensible marketing-communications strategic planning and project execution
- work collaboratively with internal departments and/or committees to develop innovative, customized solutions to marketing communication needs which align with institutional priorities
- a familiarity and understanding of the value and role of various marketing methods including social networks, online media, grassroots “viral” channels, traditional advertising, and collateral
- spearhead and efficiently manage complex marketing communication projects from initial brainstorming to final product within established strategic, budgetary and timing guidelines
- play a proactive role in identifying market opportunities for the institution as well as individual faculties/departments and assist in capitalizing on them
- actively contribute to the ongoing improvement of the department’s overall output through creative thinking, strong written and verbal communication with diverse constituents, and building effective working relationships with key stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- post-secondary diploma or degree in marketing or marketing-related credential or equivalent, along with 3 – 5 years of progressive experience in responsible marketing or marketing communications positions; comparable education and experience will be considered
- keen grasp of the essential requirements to translate organizational or departmental goals into effective, high impact marketing strategies and tactical applications
- excellent understanding of the synergistic roles of design and copy in effective marketing communications; strong writing ability a definite asset
- proven project management abilities; capable of handling competing and changing priorities
- should demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to the demands of a fast past environment
- a self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, along with the ability to proactively identify potential problems and resolve them with effective solutions
- knowledge of post-secondary environment or experience in a large public organization is an asset
Due to the nature of the position, hours are flexible and may require occasional weekend and evening work.
$2,364.42 - $2,557.21 semi-monthly
November 2, 2012