Finning (Canada), a division of Finning International Inc., is the world’s largest Caterpillar equipment dealer. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Finning (Canada) sells, rents, and provides customer support services for Caterpillar equipment and engines in British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta, the Northwest Territories and a portion on Nunavut.
We serve a diverse range of industrial markets, including mining, forestry, construction, pipeline/oil field construction, agriculture, government sector, marine, transportation, fisheries and the commercial transport industry. Founded in 1933, Finning has built a world-class network of branch locations with over 5,000 employees across its dealership territory.
Finning (Canada) has celebrated 80 years of success, thanks to a strong tradition of great people, great solutions and great results. Our vision is to be Caterpillar’s best global business partner, providing unrivalled services that earn customer loyalty.
The company is committed to building honest, constructive relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues. At Finning, safety is a core value that influences every aspect of its business. That commitment to health and safety has positioned us as a leader in safety excellence in the heavy equipment industry. Finning is also committed to reducing the impact of its operations on our global environment and has adopted environmental management practices and procedures that meet and exceed the environmental standards of each community or region.
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Provide strategic marketing leadership and market intelligence for Finning Canada; corporately and across our Mining, General Line and Power Systems businesses. Operate in a highly collaborative environment, internally, with Caterpillar and with other key partners to develop the strategic marketing plan that fully aligns with our business goals and imperatives.
Develop the market and customer intelligence capability to support the business and our marketing activities to better understand; our market positioning in different segments, the emerging opportunities, competitor activity and positioning the macro and technology trends that could represent threats or opportunities.
Take overall ownership for the development and consistent deployment of the Finning and other associated brands. Develop our capabilities and capacity to consistently deliver innovative and impactful marketing agenda across multiple channels including; market intelligence, print media, on-line media, e-business, public relations and events management. Drive exceptional levels of performance to consistently delivering higher levels of support and a step change in our market positioning.
- 100% Accountable for results and impact on people
- Strategic planning capabilities with the ability to turn plans into new realities
- Very responsive to internal customer needs
- Highly collaborative with the ability to develop rapport with stakeholders at all levels
- Highly confidential and trustworthy
- Strong networking skills, influencing and social skills
Education & Experience:
- Relevant business degree
- Professional marketing qualification preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related working experience in marketing and/ or business intelligence, preferably in a corporate B2B environment
- Media Trained with brand development experience
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing at senior levels
- Team leadership experience
- Budget maintenance and management
- Industry knowledge preferred but not essential
- Work with the Mining, General Line and Power Systems businesses to develop a strategic marketing plan to support their market and business objectives
- Develop the relationship with Caterpillar and other dealers to leverage best practices and resources; to utilize media, knowledge, and capabilities, to ultimately develop greater information and program integration across key channels to market
- Manage, execute & measure customer-led marketing via high impact & differentiated approach with clear understanding of ROI
- Take ownership of our customer information and work Caterpillar and other partners to develop the quality and ultimately the level of insight we are able to gain from it
- Manage and work closely with selected PR agencies and media organizations to develop our profile in the relevant local, trade and national press
- Management of all advertising, direct mail, literature, exhibitions, magazines, PR, sales support customer events, industry trade events, sales meetings and corporate activities
- Develop our digital marketing transformation strategy across a range of online opportunities, from social media, to lead generation, e-mail blasts etc.…and their integration to other channels like inside sales and the sales force
- Develop and manage the marketing budget to ensure commercial opportunity is maximized, within the allocated funding
- Dash boarding, and distribution of, general line machine KPI’s to the broader organization
- Lead the team, managing and monitoring progress against specific targets. Be a high performance leader driving accountability and high levels of engagement
- Internal /external customer satisfaction
- Performance versus budget ($)
- Responsible for the effective human resources management of staff and to foster an effective and engaging work environment (EOS)
- Provide timely and insightful market and customer information to enhance decision making
- Project delivery performance (time, effectiveness and $)
- Campaign performance (ROI)
- Online performance (hits, click-through, lead generation, lead conversions, ROI etc.)
- Demonstrated agency success (metrics)