Bayer CropScience is a world leader providing growers with innovative products and solutions for agriculture and environmental health. Growers depend on Bayer CropScience’s comprehensive selection of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and seed systems. At Bayer CropScience, our team’s commitment and dedication to Canadian agriculture is second to none.
We provide a work environment where you will be working with the best people in the industry. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work while at the same time have fun and celebrate successes. We have an immediate full-time permanent for a marketing Business Analyst, in Calgary, AB.
Reporting to the Director, Business Excellence, Marketing Business Analyst, will be expected to conduct analysis in order to generate business insights and present recommendations to Sales and Marketing.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the development, infrastructure and business process improvements needed to gather and analyze Business and Market intelligence for the creation of short and long term business plans, forecasts and reports for Integrated Crop Platform Teams.
- Conduct trend and geographic comparisons for development and execution of customer strategies
- Work closely with the Market Research Specialist, Marketing Portfolio Managers and Key Customer Strategy team to understand and elicit business and stakeholder requirements using interviews, document analysis, discussions and business process descriptions
- Collaborate with the Market Research Specialist, Data Base developers, Portfolio Managers and other subject matter experts to establish the conceptual design and analytical requirements
- Utilize various analytical tools (such as Microsoft, MapOut, Tableau, idash, CRM and geospatial mapping software) to generate and communicate insights, trends and opportunities to the business
- Provide analysis and benchmarking for Distribution effectiveness, Targeted Grower and Retail Tactics, Grower Programming process, and target lists to the Sales Group.
- Assist in the development of short and long term market forecasts by utilizing available market research and statistics with analysis of the Canadian agricultural marketplace and discussion with Crop Teams.
- Identify market knowledge needs for the business and provide appropriate reporting and training mechanisms for extraction of information.
- Create and communicate pricing trends and market analysis
- To help identify incremental business opportunities for Crop Platforms (Cereals, Oilseeds, Row Crop and Horticulture) by conducting in-depth customer analysis and presenting cross-sell and/or up-sell opportunities to the business stakeholders..
- Personal Development as per the Canadian organizations mandatory training in addition to identified needs or interests through the PMP process.
- Degree in Agriculture, Business or Marketing
- Working knowledge of agriculture and the crop protection business
- 5 years of professional experience
- Strong ability to manage technical and non-technical projects
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate influence and direct a diverse range of internal and external individuals and groups
- Team player who can build strong relationships with many different levels of management and individuals, incl. external service providers
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good attention to details and multitasking
- High level of analytical problem solving skills
- Project Management skills would be an asset