Close Date: January 16, 2018
Develops Marketing plans or programs for existing and new product and service offerings by evaluating the competitive situation, market position and product/service alternatives. Provides an interface from Marketing to technology focused departments such as ICT, Operations and Engineering.
(Not all inclusive or applicable to all assignments)
- Responsible for selection, development and ongoing management ofproducts, services or rate packages and for all aspects of product life cycle management.
- Responsible to interface with other departments within SaskTel to convey strategic direction, business leadership and support for products and services.
- Executes the SaskTel marketing plan and is responsible to drive increases in profitable revenue for SaskTel products and portfolios.
- Conducts external market analysis, segmentation or differentiation by various research methods including focus groups with the primary goal of identifying strategies to: increase external market share or retain existing market share; enable selection of the external target market for the product or service; determine appropriate distribution channel and respond to variables in the competitive marketplace including forecasting and sensitivity analysis of the options.
- Responsible for pricing, including setting prices or rates external customers pay for particular products or services. This includes costing and economic modeling, revenue forecasting and portfolio profitability.
- Responsible for promotion/advertising of products, services or rate packages to external customers, including forecasting, budgeting and determining the target external audience.
- Participates in technology planning as the Marketing representative of business drivers, key markets, customer experience, market demand and industry trending. Participates in technical planning, monitoring and adjusting of network performance goals, network planning, customized network solutions; and key performance indicator design, testing and monitoring.
- Responsible for identifying significant areas of risk related to SaskTel’s network, and proposing the right solutions.
- Responsible to lead small projects such as service enhancements and evolutionary portfolio changes.
- Responsible for understanding capabilities of SaskTel owned network equipment to contribute to Marketing planning.
- Responsible to identify and represent cross-impacts of product and policy decisions between related technologies such as: Wi-Fi, High Speed Fusion, Data and Internet, Data Centre & Cloud, GPON, Wireless, Voice and Max.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, or Electronic Systems Engineering; OR Diploma in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Electronic Engineering with 2 years experience in a relevant technical field; OR Certificate from a Technical Institute with 3 years of experience designing, provisioning and/or providing technical support for services, in accordance with Qualifications 3 and 4; OR Level 30 Math and a Technical Designation such as CCNA, MCSE with 3 years of experience designing, provisioning and/or providing technical support for services, in accordance with Qualifications 3 and 4.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles and demonstrated business acumen.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the following technology areas:
(a) Wireless networks, services, devices, platforms and technologies
(b) Internet Protocol, SIP, VPN, IP-related and data network related technologies
(c) Cloud-based and Converged Communications technologies
(d) Legacy voice and CPE related technologies
(e) Database Marketing technologies and applications
- Thorough knowledge of products, services, processes, procedures in one of the following areas:
(a) Wireless Services
(b) Data and Internet Services
(c) Voice and Converged Communication Services
(d) Customer Premise Equipment (such as PBX’s, phone systems and network equipment)
(e) Data Centre and Cloud-based services
(f) Database Marketing Principles and Marketing Analytics
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, coordinate and implement change.
- Working knowledge of project management principles, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business drivers into technological requirements and effectively communicate using both business and technical terminology.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and various software applications.
- Valid drivers license. For people with a disability, this qualification can be reasonably accommodated when necessary.
- Responds to demands for immediate assistance.
- Occasional in and out of province travel required.
- Works independently.
- Complies with all safety, health and environmental policies, programs and standards at all times.
- Light effort.
- Works inside.