Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home.
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations. Consider joining us in the following position:
This position is responsible for assisting Marketing Associates with the normal conduct of their business and provides their vacation relief. You will promote a partnership with all present and prospective customers while learning all the necessary skills to become a successful Marketing Associate with Sysco. You will also assist the District Sales Manager with assigned projects and duties.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and customer service on territories where you are providing sales relief.
- Maintaining the Marketing Associate sales targets and collecting all accounts within the terms on the assigned territory.
- Providing support to the Inside Sales Desk through the timely and efficient processing of customer orders.
- Establishing a close working relationship with the Sales Desk Supervisor, District Sales Manager, Director of Independent Business, Credit Department, Merchandising Department and Distribution Department.
- Providing support to the Independent Sales team as required.
- Other duties as required
- Superior communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational and negotiation abilities.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and a flexible work schedule including Sundays and holidays.
- Experience in sales or an equivalent in the food service industry preferred but not required.
- Experience with computer applications.
- Valid Saskatchewan driver’s license.
- Knowledge and understanding of company operations, including inside and outside sales.
- Post-secondary education in a Business or Marketing/Sales related field an asset.
- Journeyman in Professional Cooking an asset.
All Sysco associates demonstrate positive behaviors in the following areas:
• Innovation • Communication • Building Partnerships • Customer Focus
To be successful in this position, the candidate will also demonstrate successfully:
• Sustaining Customer Satisfaction • Building Customer Loyalty • Managing Work • Emotional Intelligence & Energy • Business Savvy • Sales Disposition
Closing Date: September 18, 2012
Qualified candidates apply on-line via the link below.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted directly.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity.