Times are exciting for those in the human resources profession; importance on the value that the HR department bring to an organization is continually evolving. With the up¿s and downs in the economy there is a shift taking place, no longer is human resources solely focused on personnel, payroll and benefits. HR professionals are crucial to organizational success as they are now dealing with issues that have significant impacts on the planning, operation, development and sustainability of an organization.
The HRIA is a professional association of Certified Human Resources Professionals (CHRPs) committed to supporting Alberta business and promoting the value of certification and best practices in human resources management. HRIA represents over 5,000 HR practitioners in the province of Alberta. We also advocate on behalf of HR professionals to government and participate as a member organization on the Canadian Council of Human Resources Associations (CCHRA). Our office is located in Calgary, Alberta and boasts a small, dedicated team of nine individuals.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the chosen candidate will be required to;
- Develop communication material such as; brochures, Advertisements, Web content and email communications for (HRIA, HRIA Conference and CHRP).
- Support the planning, development and implementation of the marketing plans and programs.
- Coordinate internal and external functions, career fairs, trade shows and special events.
- Promote the Association to prospective members and HR stakeholders at various Career Fairs and Tradeshows (Some travel required within Alberta).
- Conduct research and data analysis on various initiatives and create reports for review with Executive Director and Board members.
- Track the progression of/create status reports for all marketing activities and projects to ensure timely delivery and/or addressing of deviations from the timeline, scope or budget.
- Departmental administrative duties, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, experience and/or abilities required.
- 2+ years in a similar role with a bachelor's degree in marketing or business related field (appropriate blend of experience and education will also be considered).
- Must possess a high level of creativity and strong analytical, problem solving, conceptual skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in; Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver), Microsoft Office products (ie. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and CMS.
- Knowledge of HTML and web content management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of branding, marketing, communications, and public relations principles, techniques, and concepts.
- Good understanding of business and budget process.