Marketing and Social Media Assistant required by dynamic manufacturer of air leakage measurement equipment, in business since 1980. Our fast growing 16 person sales office features:
- Enthusiastic staff .
- Lots of natural light.
- Casual dress.
- Positive professional work environment.
- Great location near Granville Island.
- Easy access to transportation and local amenities.
This wide ranging and exciting position requires many competencies and skills. You must be a creative thinker, disciplined and organized with the ability to plan, implement and manage online marketing initiatives on a consistent basis. You have excellent verbal and written communications skills. You are a positive team. player who thrives in a collaborative atmosphere but also works well independently.
You will complete various research projects, regularly input data and carry out other administrative duties as required. You must speak perfect English and have exceptional reading and writing capabilities. This is a full time position with benefits and an 8:00 AM start time.
- Polite and well-mannered with a positive attitude.
- Neat, detail-oriented, and reliable with ability to prioritize.
- A goal oriented self-starter able to meet and exceed individual goals.
- Ability to listen and accurately retain information.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment.
- Multi-lingual is an asset but not required.
- Identify, develop, consistently manage and track both social media blogs and web marketing campaigns.
- Enhance brand and product awareness through social media and web marketing.
- Create blog strategy for the products - guest contributors, linking etc.
- Implement SEO and SEM strategies.
- Monitor social media activity of major competitors.
- Make recommendations on new online marketing trends, social media platforms etc.
Skills and training experience preferred
- Marketing communications experience, preferably with technology related services internet marketing experience, including multimedia, email marketing, SEO/ SEM, landing page design, etc.
- Messaging - great ability to define / refine messaging to ensure we convey a compelling message across all of our customer touch-points.
- Good understanding of various web and social technologies and tools, including WordPress.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Document editing & proofing.
- Adobe creative suite.
- Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Contact management software (we use Goldmine).
Relevant work experience
- Customer service, sales and/or order processing environments.
- Market research/market trend analysis.
- Any knowledge with Building Science an asset.