Marketing and Communications Strategist full-time
If you have a strong background in marketing and communications, and enjoy building working relationships, we invite you to apply for the position of Strategist in the Marketing and Communications Department. We have two permanent, full-time positions available.
Reporting to and in collaboration with the Customer Accounts Manager, you will develop proactive and strategic business partnerships with assigned schools and departments. Your focus will be to develop and execute strategic marketing and communications plans that enhance or facilitate growth and development of business objectives. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as you will be the key liaison between the Marketing and Communications Department and the BCIT community.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing direction and influencing clients on marketing and communication options, processes, advertising strategies and/or innovative marketing techniques
- Developing, executing and measuring marketing plans, in conjunction with clients and department staff, including components such as public relations, advertising, direct marketing, online marketing and social media
- Project managing, writing, editing, and working with clients and graphic designers on marketing collateral and institute publications including annual reports, program flyers, tradeshow displays, brochures, posters, Update blog stories, videos, handbooks, invitations, programs, etc.
- Diploma of Technology specializing in marketing and/or communication plus current formal training and courses in online marketing, technical and marketing writing, and Marqui CMS
- Two years general marketing and/or communication experience plus four years practical current experience in a similar position
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must be a team player who possesses superb analytical, organizational, and facilitation skills
- Must have excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy while maintaining the highest levels of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressures, meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities
- Advertising agency experience and/or marketing and communications work for fundraising campaigns and non-profit organizations in a strategic capacity will be considered an asset
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
Start Date/Term of Appointment
Pay Grade 9; $48,720 with yearly increments to $52,928 per annum(Prorated based on percentage of appointment)