Marketing and Communications Coordinator
(Information Officer I)
Competition Number: C275-11-JB ADPS
Commercial Services is responsible for supporting the campus both with its services and revenue. The bookstore is one of the primary revenue producing businesses in Commercial Services and its purpose is to provide the right product at the right time for the best price. The Information Officer will be responsible for successfully promoting the bookstore using social media, online website, event planning, hosting events and coordinating services to meet the customer’s needs, demands and institutional goals of SAIT. This is a part time position. Candidate must be available Monday-Friday between 8am and 7 pm and Saturdays (during school year – when related to events) for various shifts. The schedule is open to discussion and negotiation.
NOTE: This is a part-time hourly paid contract position. Hours will vary and fluctuate with business needs.
- Creates, plans, coordinates and executes all promotional events at the bookstore
- Develops and maintains the bookstore’s website information and operations
- Writes and/or edits communications for publications and information for website, phone messages, emails, bulletins, newsletters and store signage
- Works with Marketing to ensure branding authentication and create and maintain publications and print consistency
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines are key requirements
- Assists with technical and creative direction to other personnel assigned to assisting with publication/promotional preparation
- Experience with Website development
- Thorough understanding of HTML and Photoshop
- Photography experience
- Good understanding of retail marketing
- Retail experience
- Exceptional Customer Service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Successful candidates must provide proof of qualifications. Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized.
OPEN TO: SAIT Employees and the Public
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience
COMPETITION NUMBER: C275-11-JB ADPS
CLOSING DATE: May 10, 2012
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online application process. SAIT is committed to Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified individuals.
NOTE: The preferred method of application is on-line. Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 28 days. By applying your resume may be considered for other opportunities at SAIT that suit your experience.
SAIT’s vision is sharply focused - to be recognized as Canada’s premier polytechnic, one of the world’s finest, setting the standard in education, training and innovation.
Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP)
The personal information recorded on the application form is being collected under the authority of the Post Secondary Learning Act and Section 33c of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The information will be used for the purpose(s) of employee recruitment and administration and is protected by the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you require additional information concerning the collection and use of this personal information, please contact the FOIP Coordinator in Employee Services at 403-284-8633.