hyperWALLET is a leading provider of online and mobile payments, international payments, prepaid card products and financial technology solutions to enterprise customers in Canada, the U.S. and internationally.
We offer payment solutions to a variety of B2C sectors that have global payment distribution challenges, including: direct selling, education, marine & offshore, affiliate marketing, clinical trials, market research and online marketplaces.
At hyperWALLET, we value diversity, creativity and equal opportunity, and we're always on the lookout for bright, talented individuals to join our team. If you're motivated, have a positive attitude and the required qualifications, enjoy challenges and want to be part of a growing team committed to both personal growth and career success -- then we want to hear from you!
Job Purpose Summary
The Marketing and Communications Associate assists with driving corporate visibility, lead-generation and brand awareness of hyperWALLET via marketing activities across multiple industries; supports ongoing sales and product development initiatives; and contributes to internal/external communications with various stakeholders.
This is a dynamic position for a motivated, experienced marketing generalist with a broad understanding of how marketing drives sales, brand awareness and corporate success. The preferred candidate will demonstrate core strengths in writing and content development, social media strategy and execution, and proven results generating sales leads and brand lift via multi-channel campaigns.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Writes content and supports production of corporate/customer marketing collateral including: brochures, ads, case studies, white papers, diagrams, PowerPoint presentations, solution mockups, and related materials.
- Contributes content and collaborates with others to issue corporate press releases, shareholder communications, annual reports, customer newsletters, web copy, user guides and related marketing materials.
- Contributes to strategy and execution of direct mail, magazine, online, social and email campaigns targeting prospective and current customers. Works with Creative team to develop new collateral for campaigns as required.
- Provides strategic insight regarding untapped marketing opportunities by industry across online, print, social, mobile and related channels
- Assists with media relations and PR efforts to drive increased corporate profile, awareness and media coverage, and increased inbound sales leads
- Develops and implements ROI-positive social media strategies/brand engagement/lead-generation campaigns for identified channels and industries, as required
- Contributes to corporate website and blog content development to increase organic search traffic and inbound leads.
- Performs other duties as required
- Education: Degree or Diploma in Marketing and/or Communications.
- Additional post-secondary courses & certification in social media management and marketing lead-generation strategies an asset.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in a marketing/communications role, preferably in a fast-paced corporate environment. Graphic design, PR & media relations experience is an asset.
- Excellent technical and creative writing skills -- including proof reading, editing, publishing, and distribution of written content for both business and consumer markets
- Proven brand lift & lead-generation results utilizing best-practice marketing tools and strategies across online, print, social, mobile and related channels
- Proven experience developing, implementing and tracking ROI-positive web, email and social media campaigns – SEO, SEM, Google analytics, blogs, email marketing, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, social media monitoring/listening/response etc.
- Experience generating increased corporate media coverage and inbound sales leads via media/public relations
- Working knowledge of graphic, online and print-based production tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Acrobat, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, Drupal)
- Aptitude for using multiple business software applications (Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce.com or other CRM software)
- Excellent time-management, prioritization and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to independently develop and manage projects individually and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects, tasks and competing priorities
- Excellent professional communication skills, both written and oral
How to Apply
In addition to resume and cover letter, applicants are strongly encouraged to provide examples of proven marketing success in the competencies described above, either via online portfolio or in-person.
- Case studies of multi-channel campaigns that led to increased inbound leads, media coverage and/or brand lift
- Written, online and graphical marketing collateral created to support campaign objectives
- Social media strategy and execution to drive corporate awareness and sales leads