Marketing and Brand Coordinator
(Information Officer II)
Communications and Marketing
SAIT's Communications and Marketing Department is looking for a team-focused marketing professional to join us in delivering on SAIT's new strategic plan, telling SAIT's story, furthering our brand, and supporting our ongoing growth. The Marketing Coordinator will play a key role in our re-brand launch team as a brand ambassador ensuring first class service delivery to internal clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Brand, the Marketing Coordinator will provide day-to-day marketing consultation and assistance to client groups to enable achievement of their business goals. This role will consult with team members to advise internal clients and recommend effective, best practice marketing approaches based on business objectives. Services include the development of program marketing plans and creative briefs, and oversight of marketing tactic execution.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of marketing principles and practices including, direct marketing, online marketing and advertising, media planning, brand guidelines, measurement and reporting, and client support.
- Ensure brand consistency and strength through the support of SAIT marketing procedures and practices while overseeing all production of marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain SAIT’s visual identity.
- Provide media planning support and manage digital campaigns while reporting on key metrics including online analytics, response rates, and other measures to support campaign analysis.
- Manage marketing-related photography projects (photo shoots) and maintain the photo inventory.
- Participate in various campus committees, providing marketing support and representation.
- Serve in an advisory capacity for both internal departments and the institution.
- Completion of a relevant degree or diploma preferably, Business or Marketing.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in marketing.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of marketing principles and advertising.
- Strong understanding of the effectiveness of maintaining brand identity through a variety of formats and the flexibility to constantly evolve brand application.
- Thorough understanding of key metrics, email marketing, digital and web marketing.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. A strong service mentality is required.
- Excellent organization skills: ability to manage multiple projects in a busy environment.
- Strong collaborator: experience in developing and sustaining positive relationships.
- Marketing project coordination: process driven with attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills level with Adobe design suite, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and email marketing programs. Should possess a working knowledge of Google Adwords and Google Analytics.
- Willing to work flexible hours as some evening or weekend work may be required due to campus events such as Information evenings or Open House.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Job ID: 2015-23309
Job Classification: Information Officer II
Employee Group: Alberta Union of Provincial Employees
# Positions: 1
Department: Corporate Marketing
Closing Date: 8/16/2015