Location: Regina, SK
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: $25.29- $36.31
Closing Date: January 29, 2014
Develops fundamental Marketing plans or programs for existing and new product and service offerings by evaluatingthe competitive situation, market position and product/service alternatives.
(Not all inclusive or applicable to all assignments)
- Responsible for selection and support of products, services or rate packages (e.g. assembly of various products and services exclusively directed toward a specific segment of the market) available for purchase, lease or rental to external customers. Responsible for all aspects of life cycle management.
- Responsible for external market analysis, segmentation or differentiation by various research methods includingfocus groups with the primary goal of identifying strategies to: Increase external market share or retain existing market share. Enable selection of the external target market for the product or service. Determine appropriate distribution channel and respond to variables in the competitive marketplace including forecasting andsensitivity analysis of the options.
- Responsible for pricing, including setting prices or rates external customers would pay for particular products orservices. This includes costing and economic modelling, revenue forecasting and portfolio profitability.
- Responsible for promotion/advertising of products, services or rate packages to external customers, including forecasting, budgeting and determining the target external audience.
- University Degree in Business Administration or Commerce majoring in Marketing (4 marketing classes).
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of marketing principles and the ability to practically apply theories.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and various software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with others.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Valid driver license.
- Responds to demands for immediate assistance.
- Public speaking abilities an asset.
- Occasional in and out of province travel required.
- Complies with all safety, health and environmental policies, programs and standards at all times.
- Light effort.
- Works inside.