Marketing Analyst full-time
As the number one communications provider in Saskatchewan, the most satisfying full service wireless provider in the nation (J.D. Power), and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, SaskTel is a place where employees feel good about the products and services they deliver to customers. In a world where new ideas and tools for communicating emerge every day, we help people find what they need to make it all work for them no matter where they live, work, or play. We bring more life and more connectivity to our customers every day with the value of our plans, the reach of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service.
If you are excited about the technologyes transforming our world, and you like working with energetic, motivated people, you might qualify to become of of SaskTel's latest innovations.
Develops fundamental Marketing plans or programs for existing and new product and service offerings by evaluating the competitive situation, market position and product/service alternatives.
(Not all inclusive or applicable to all assignments)
- Responsible for selection and support of products, services or rate packages (e.g. assembly of various products and services exclusively directed toward a specific segment of the market) available for purchase, lease or rental to external customers. Responsible for all aspects of life cycle management.
- Responsible for external market analysis, segmentation or differentiation by various research methods including focus groups with the primary goal of identifying strategies to: Increase external market share or retain existing market share. Enable selection of the external target market for the product or service. Determine appropriate distribution channel and respond to variables in the competitive marketplace including forecasting and sensitivity analysis of the options.
- Responsible for pricing, including setting prices or rates external customers would pay for particular products or services. This includes costing and economic modelling, revenue forecasting and portfolio profitability.
- Responsible for promotion/advertising of products, services or rate packages to external customers, including forecasting, budgeting and determining the target external audience.
- University Degree in Business Administration or Commerce majoring in Marketing (4 marketing classes).
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of marketing principles and the ability to practically apply theories.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and various software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with others.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Valid driver license.
- Responds to demands for immediate assistance.
- Public speaking abilities an asset.
- Occasional in and out of province travel required.
- Complies with all safety, health and environmental policies, programs and standards at all times.
- Light effort.
- Works inside.
SaskTel is an environmentally friendly, socially-engaged and inclusive employer. We strongly support diversity in the workforce and spend millions of dollars each year contributing to the cultural, social, physical, and ecological wellbeing of the communities we serve.