- Req ID: 43004
- Department: Marketing & Sales
- Position Type: Non-Union
- % of Travel: 10-20%
- # of Positions: 2.00
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 09/13/2015
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Drive pricing, revenue performance management, estimate future value of business mix and understand service alternatives. Assist in the execution of multi-month business projects; often requiring cross-functional participation.
Utilize and continually enhance decision support tools and models. Evaluate specific traffic flows and market opportunities using in-depth quantitative analysis to ensure optimal solutions are found to complex business problems.
The position is intended to provide developmental opportunities, and will enable the incumbent to grow in terms of level of responsibility, project management skills, and technical skills.
Develop marketing strategies:
- Using provided tools, processes and methodologies, evaluate existing yield approaches and drive improvement.
- Lead marketing strategy reviews and drive improvement to Line of Business (LOB) contributions.
- Generate customer leads through market research and analysis for Sales account managers.
- Implement pricing, business rules, reporting tools and work processes that will lift LOB profitability.
- Understand the competitive environment impacting commodities of responsibility
Perform analyses of business opportunities:
- Evaluate the relative attractiveness of selected key business opportunities and provide recommendations to effectively meet business objectives.
- Provide guidance through analytics and access to tools, processes, and perspectives from the Marketing team to Sales personnel with respect to general business strategies that will improve the yield of the LOB businesses.
- Identify system-wide and customer-specific costs and revenues in order to evaluate the contribution of customers, business segments, corridors, equipment types, and selected services.
- Evaluate yield/performance trends and develop descriptive statistics for the LOBs.
- Develop yield/contribution analytical modeling capabilities
- Perform Commodity Rate Validation with active involvement of other Marketing staff.
- Develop and maintain Price Support Tools and Information (Pricing Models and Systems)
- Develop and automate new Business Performance reporting capabilities, in support of key price and marketing strategies.
- Leverage the new profitability analysis tools to improve customer, segment and product contribution.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, in one of the following: Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Quantitative Methods, Economics or Mathematics.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of business-related experience is necessary.
- Good team players with strong project management skills capable of leading projects.
- Self motivated, with a results orientation and with proven analytical aptitude and abilities.
- Good to Advanced skills in the use of PC based information systems and software.
- Skills in the use of mainframe based information systems and utilities an asset.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").