Midstream & Marketing Business Unit
Accounting & Finance
Coordinator, Midstream & Marketing
Summary of Responsibilities
Calgary’s Midstream & Marketing Business Unit is searching for a Marketing Analyst to join their team. The successful candidate will be working in a cross-functional team as well as have an opportunity to be responsible for independent work within our Midstream and Marketing Business Unit. The environment consists of high profile opportunities with a bottom line impact. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Tracking market indicators (equalization, futures and basis pricing, pipeline flows).
- Developing and managing commercial and pricing models.
- Overseeing the specific product supply/demand forecast.
- Responsible for managing product movement and blend rates at our blending facilities.
- Maintaining market assumptions.
- Strong awareness of marketplace activity.
- Monthly reporting on profit and loss, asset utilization, and performance metrics.
- Fostering, developing and managing working relationships within the industry.
- The preferred candidate will have either a Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering and/or Accounting combined with a minimum of 5 years in the oil and gas industry.
- Previous accounting experience would be an asset to this position.
- You possess both strong and precise analytical and computer skills, ability to problem solve, as well as a strong knowledge of the crude oil market involving logistics, pricing, and crude valuation.
- You are self-motivated, committed, and have a strong desire to learn and apply knowledge to create value, and can multi-task with time sensitive deadlines.
- You are able to take direction as well as work independently, and are committed to relationship building.
- A Logistics background would be an asset.
- Having strong communication and conflict resolution skills are an asset.