We value a diverse workforce
Basic Job Information
Posting Title: Marketing Advisor
Business Unit/Section: Customer Service & Communications/Corporate Marketing & Communications
Location: 205 8 Ave S.E.
Union/Position: CUPE Local 38/Temporary (up to 18 months)
Compensation: Pay Grade 11 (compensation under review)
$34.89 - 38.38 - 40.30 - 42.31 - 44.43 - 46.65 per hour (2013 rates)
Hours of Work: This position works a standard 35 hour work week.
Business Unit Information
A fast-paced and innovative business unit, Customer Service & Communications (CSC) fosters an environment of ongoing learning in order to communicate effectively with Calgarians and employees. CSC supports 29 business units by providing a range of customer, communications and marketing services, such as Canada's first 3-1-1 operation, communication planning, issue and crisis communications, media relations, employee communications and engagement consultation, as well as creative services, including writing, graphic design, web site management, multi-media production and media buying. See www.calgary.ca/csc for more information.
This position will facilitate the direction of key marketing and communications, channel strategies and direct the implementation of corresponding tactics, and through evaluation ensure that actions contribute to stated objectives. Primary duties include:
- Support the Strategic Corporate Marketing & Communication Plan by implementing tactics and providing feedback into the broader strategy.
- Perform execution of large-scale, corporate campaigns including client consultation, providing advice and partnering with clients to achieve goals using traditional and digital media.
- Deliver content for a suite of corporately owned marketing channels.
- Evaluate, recommend and use of current and emerging digital marketing technologies, including social, mobile and local to effectively reach targeted audiences.
The successful applicant must possess a completed diploma or degree in Marketing, Commerce, Advertising, Business or related field, combined with a minimum of five years of progressive experience. A designation in Accredited Business Communicator (ABC), Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), or Communications & Advertising Accredited Professional (CAAP) will be considered assets. Previous experience with digital marketing campaigns including a strong understanding of web and advertising metric tools such as Webtrends, Google Analytics, and DoubleClick are considered assets. Success in this position requires knowledge of digital marketing practices, ability to use report metrics and analytics in daily work and Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standards.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- More than one position may be filled from this competition.