Basic Job Information
Posting Title: Marketing Advisor
Business Unit/Section: Customer Service & Communications
Location: Various locations in various business units.
Union/Position: CUPE Local 38/Temporary (up to 12 months)
Compensation: Pay Grade 11
$34.89 - 38.38 - 40.30 - 42.31 - 44.43 - 46.65 per hour
Hours of Work: This position works a standard 35 hour work week.
Business Unit Information
A fast-paced and innovative business unit, Customer Service & Communications (CSC) fosters an environment of ongoing learning in order to communicate effectively with Calgarians and employees. CSC supports 29 business units by providing a range of customer, communications and marketing services, such as Canada's first 3-1-1 operation, communication planning, issue and crisis communications, media relations, employee communications and engagement consultation, as well as creative services, including writing, graphic design, web site management, multi-media production and media buying. See www.calgary.ca/csc for more information.
Come join our Communications team where we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities, a variety of work, a competitive compensation package, and other flexible work options that can work for you. We have an opportunity for a highly motivated communications professional(s) to fill a temporary role of Marketing Advisor in various business units. This position may be physically embedded with the specific client group or business unit. Primary duties include:
- Consult and provide strategic advice to clients in a tight turn around environment to achieve client goals using external facing channels and traditional and non-traditional media.
- Provide advice, in collaboration with The City's(The City of Calgary) internal Creative Services division, to clients on media planning and buying, graphic design, video and multimedia production, writing/editing, language translation services, photography and production monitoring.
- Prepare and develop marketing plans, including brand strategy and alignment, campaign development, media coverage reports, data analysis and interpretation.
- Assist and support social media presence, evaluate and use emerging technologies and strategies to promote City messaging to the media and directly to the public.
The successful applicant must possess a completed diploma or degree in Marketing, Commerce, Advertising, Business or related field with a minimum of five years of progressive experience. A designation in terms of Accredited Business Communicator (ABC), Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), or Communications & Advertising Accredited Professional (CAAP) is considered an asset. Previous experience with Microsoft SharePoint and web and social media are also considered assets. Success in this position requires strong computer, marketing communications, project management, time management, negotiation and partnership development skills.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- More than one position may be filled from this competition.