Our Calgary location has an opportunity for a Marketing Administrator
Midwest Surveys is a professional services firm, specializing in geomatics and engineering in Western Canada. Midwest Surveys prides itself on being a well-established ethical company that delivers value to clients, employees, and shareholders.
Why Choose Midwest?
Midwest Surveys is a company that values its people! Celebrating over 60 years in the industry, we have been ranked a 50 Best Employer in Canada, a Top Employer in Alberta, and ranked #7 as having Canada’s 30 Best Pension and Benefits Plans. Midwest Surveys actively supports local communities and is committed to providing an outstanding work environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and value our ability to retain top talent.
Reporting to the Client Relations and Marketing Manager, in this role you will provide internal and external marketing and communications support to all Midwest Surveys Inc.
- Gather information to support the request for quotes (RFQ) submission and job proposal processes;
- Place orders, track payments, organize, update client records, take meeting minutes and compile reports on department activities;
- Administer corporate charitable donations and corporate sponsorship programs;
- Exercise your written and visual communication skills through a variety of media platforms including the company website, social media, digital/print ads, Midwest’s annual calendar and internal newsletters;
- Update content, collaborate, collect photographs, generate buzz, keep it fresh and get the point across distinctively;
- Work with your team to create a vision for the event. After that, it's mostly in your hands. Coordinate, book, order, advertise, setup… you make it happen;
- Plan corporate-sponsored events, client functions, public relations opportunities and internal events;
- Support the selection, inventory maintenance and distribution of promotional materials that project Midwest’s spirit and values;
- Ensure Midwest is equipped with appropriate gear and brochures for trade shows and other business development events.
The successful candidate will have experience in an administrative role, preferably in marketing or a related discipline, in combination with a diploma or degree in business administration or marketing. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
This position requires advanced skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Illustrator would be an asset. Working knowledge of WordPress and SharePoint would also be considered an asset.
To be successful as Midwest Surveys' Marketing Administrator, you will rely on your strong time management, prioritizing, organization, planning and scheduling abilities. Superior verbal and written communication skills in addition to an eye for basic design and layout are a must. At times, you will work independently. Much of the time, you will be working in a team environment (in collaboration with co-workers, customers, or suppliers) and this requires solid interpersonal and relationship-building skills.