Servus Credit Union is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements. Servus Credit Union has also been recently recognized by Alberta Venture as one of the top 3 employers in Alberta for Human Resources Practices and Policies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Activation this position is part of a team that is responsible for execution of a large number of tactics delivered by the Marketing Department. This person has a strong understanding of corporate sales targets, brand position and visual identity guidelines and, as part of a team, is responsible for planning and implementing cost-efficient marketing activities; including events, trade shows, Community Investment activation (through Branches), brochures, branch openings and renovation programs, parade and mascot coordination, management of promo items (The Vault), and Branch support of GrantStream. He/she will apply marketing ROI metrics to evaluate the success of marketing strategies in collaboration with the Manager, Marketing Activation.
The Marketing Activation Specialist will provide recommendations to the Manager, Marketing Activation on how to improve the effectiveness of tactics being activated.
The Marketing Activation Specialist is a strong team player and works closely with the Marketing Department and other internal departments for input and support in delivering effective marketing strategies.
Note: The KRAs below reflect the types of activities that this role may participate in activating; each Marketing Activation Specialist will be responsible for only some of these KRAs.
This position has frequent contacts with ELT, Vice Presidents, Assistant Vice Presidents, Directors and Department and Branch Managers. Ability to build good rapport with internal and external stakeholders is important. The Marketing Activation Specialist will provide budget and marketing recommendations and implements marketing initiatives that directly impacts brand awareness and sales and growth targets. This position has no direct reports.
Responsibility: Event Activation
- Activate Servus events according to the standard developed by the Creative Services Manager. This will include such events as Member Appreciation Events, trade shows, corporate events, branch opening/renovation events, Community Investment events, etc. This includes organization of venues, catering, branding, ELT/Leader involvement, speaking notes, staging & A/V, and some guest list facilitation through HostRight.
- Liaise directly with the event owner to understand specifically what is required, target audience, ideal timing, budget, key elements, and critical success factors. Provide suggestions to ensure adequate ROI.
- Engage the marketing team, internal departments and external suppliers for support in development, implementation and evaluation of events.
Responsibility: Parades & Mascots
- Coordinate and execute the annual Parades Program including refining the schedule, coordinating branch involvement, coordinating the delivery of the floats, reporting on repair and maintenance requirements, and recommending improvements to the Parade Program.
- Respond to branch requests for the Servus Mascot and coordinate all aspects of scheduling, distribution, repair and maintenance, and budgeting for replacement when required.
Responsibility: Promo Items
- Maintain an inventory of marketing promotional items, ordering to ensure adequate supply as required
- Administer The Vault including working closely with IS to ensure the system is functioning well, maintaining inventory, monitoring speed at which certain items are moving, research and determine which products to order and discontinue with the Purchasing Department, maintain updated list of promotional item suppliers, ensure accurate reporting and accounting of vault transactions, work with certain groups on special requests, and respond to branch/department questions.
- Manage the supply of Servus brochures in branches including coordinating graphic design, writing, printing, proofreading, and distribution.
- Respond to regular requests from branches for additional inventory or copy changes.
Responsibility: GrantStream Support
- Respond to branch inquiries about GrantStream including Tier 1 support for branch users.
- Recommend to CSR the development of training and education programs for users to minimize the number of basic GrantStream questions.
Track and report on direct and indirect costs of tactics/programs implemented.
Calculate ROI for tactics/programs implemented and make recommendations to Creative Services Manager on changes to improve ROI or remove this tactic/program from the annual plan.
Knowledge, skills –
- Strong computer skills are necessary, especially with Excel and word programs
Responsibility: Other duties as assigned
- Helps out with the implementation of marketing department initiatives when needed
- Shares new marketing ideas, trends, observations within Marketing Department, and if applicable, with key clients
- Three to five years experience in the marketing field is desirable with a solid knowledge, promotions and event planning/activation. Experience in sales, branding, merchandising, advertising, promotions, direct marketing, promotional PR, sponsorships, creative development and networking an asset.
- The incumbent has worked in a collaborative manner with senior level clients.
Education / Training:
- A college diploma related to Marketing
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
- This position may require working overtime and some evening and weekend work.
- Occasional traveling is required.