Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
This position will report to the Regional Vice President and is a key strategic leader within the organization, responsible for providing business leadership, maximizing growth and driving operational performance in their respective area, while contributing positively to overall Company success. The role is accountable for their area’s operational P&L and performance in key functional areas and aligns with general management responsibilities.
- Collaborates with home office and RVP on overall market strategy; prepares and manages the area’s operational P&L with RVP in accordance with area’s plan to achieve business goals
- Responsible for some sales and account management for the office
- Manages the local market operations team (Fleet and Supply Chain) in achieving:
- Accountability for building a strong repeat and referral business through high net promoter scores relative to competition
- Growth through member referrals and member-driven innovation
- Zone planning to launch new service areas and increase adoption in existing neighborhoods
- Strategic relationships
- Performance management: using systems to deliver results consistently (operational excellence: KPI reporting and diagnosis, application of best practices, team training & development)
- Responsible for member service interactions with in their geography. Timely responses to NPS survey data as well as root cause analysis to eliminate reoccurrence
- Collaborates with the locations manager in the market to evaluate, select, and manage locations within given geography
- Responsible for government relations in the geography and will be a critical liaison with government officials. Will be responsible for managing the master contract, invoicing, and inquiries
- Collaborates with the Z4B team in the local office and the Regional Sales manager to oversee the business KPIs and the GNM acquisition
- Collaborates with the Regional Community Marketing Manager to drive new member acquisition and partnerships
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and development of staff in the area- which is not limited to but includes performance management, succession planning, and merit/compensation reviews annually.
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills, and education:
- 5-7 years directly managing a P&L with general management responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, MBA is a plus
- Prior experience working in a matrix organization
- Measurement – the results-driven individual has experience tracking the success of operational improvement programs, and is not only a provider of great ideas, but a business leader with an acute eye for ROI.
- Prior management experience: a demonstrated ability to identify staffing needs and to hire key employees who have contributed to organizational success
- Problem solving: can identify and resolve problems in a timely manner gather and analyze information skillfully while maintaining confidentiality.
- Communication: has excellent verbal and written communication skills and can articulate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Group presentation skills are also required
- Planning/organizing: individual is self-directed, prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Quality control: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability: the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Local market knowledge is a plus!!
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and to carry collateral materials and displays
- Must pass Zipcar driving history requirements and background check and drug screen
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
- Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
- Paid volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
- Training and development programs To accelerate career growth
- Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
- Flexible and open work arrangements
- Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
- Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners