Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 86,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking to over 21 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Under the supervision of the Director of e-marketing, the Manager of Web design and development is responsible for the creation of our public and private websites and oversees the work of select web designers and web developers within the team.
Additionally, the Manager of Web design and development collaborates with others in Marketing and IT to design and develop, update and enhance our existing sites, digital campaigns, web applications and interactive tools as well as any future sites launched.
- Prioritize and manage the work of other designers and developers on the team;
- Design and develop websites, interactive tools, e-newsletters, mobile web apps and other internet related projects;
- Work with Product Marketing, National Marketing and Information Technology teams to create industry leading online experiences for our clients;
- Ensure consistency with our corporate branding standards;
- Act as the lead for web design UI (user interface) and UX (user experience);
- Provide strategic advice to senior management on overall website design and visual navigation strategies;
- Monitor competitor and industry websites for design ideas and trends
- Solid experience with jQuery, jQuery Mobile and Bootstrap or equivalent front-end framework;
- Experience with Adobe CQ, Brightcove, responsive design and Google Analytics an asset;
- Must possess an intrinsic artistic ability and a flare for leading-edge web design and intuitive layout;
- Demonstrated ability to work within extremely tight deadlines;
- Experience managing or supervising employees considered an asset;
- Experience in the Financial Services industry an asset; and
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset
Education and Accreditation:
- Degree and/or diploma in Web Design or Graphic Design
- 5 to 7 years web design and development experience
- Must provide an exceptionally strong online portfolio
- Management or Leadership training an asset
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.