Manager, Student Recruitment
Royal Roads University
Reporting to the Associate Vice President Marketing & Alumni Relations, the Manager, Student Recruitment provides strategic direction to the domestic student recruitment planning. The Manager ensures the effective coordination, implementation and “day to day” management of the university’s integrated domestic face-to-face recruitment strategy – to achieve a growing awareness of and interest in the university that sustains its long term goals of increased enrolment growth. The Manager leads a diverse staff of the university’s recruitment team, including three student recruiters, a recruitment associate and the undergraduate transfer coordinator.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business and a minimum of 5-7 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous managerial experience of professional/technical/customer service staff and experience with managing “multiple stakeholder” projects and events
- Proven excellence in the fields of communications, recruitment, project and budget management
- Results oriented, with the ability to bring new, creative ideas, energy and approaches to existing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to foster a team approach aimed at accomplishing the university’s goals and to positively influence people using consultative, consensus-building techniques
- Experience as an RRU learner an asset, as is experience within post-secondary recruitment.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Ability to organize, oversee and coordinate a variety of multi-faceted events/shows/conferences, etc.
- Ability to develop and present using multi-media platforms
- Sound oral and written communication and presentation skills with ability to establish and sustain positive and productive relationships and foster a collaborative and supportive working environment
- Advanced computer skills: Windows, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Scheduler+), Internet, Web software, database management, event management, project management, budget tracking and computer graphics software
- Overnight travel will be required in this position