Based out of our LEED Gold certified Vancouver office building, the Manager, Player Development role is responsible for customer relationship marketing strategies and player development program results. The Manager leads the Player Development team in the creation, design and implementation of database marketing programs that increase player participation and lifetime value of our Encore Rewards members. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Loyalty Marketing & Customer Relationship Management (CRM), this role is responsible for establishing player development goals based on data-driven insights and supports the development of long-lasting customer relationships that helps BCLC grow its business in a socially responsible manner.
Our Vancouver office has access to free parking, a subsidized gym and cafeteria and is just steps away from Renfrew Skytrain station.
- Leads the strategic direction of player development programs through Encore Rewards based on business goals and requirements.
- Oversees the effective design, development and execution of targeted marketing programs to attract visits to facilities, increase revenues and grow player participation with a focus on direct communications and test and learn strategies.
- Plans and collaborates with the Gaming Analytics team to provide business input into the delivery of new player analytics tools that will support driving new/key insights.
- Evaluates existing marketing requirements in the area of player development, identifies gaps and develops resource strategies and plans such as financial and people resourcing to effectively deliver on business objectives.
- Collaborates with the other Casino & CG marketing teams to jointly produce integrated and aligned player experiences and programs through Encore Rewards in support of department goals and revenue objectives.
- Develops program strategies and provides regular recommendations to the Senior Manager, Loyalty Marketing & CRM regarding opportunities to improve portfolio effectiveness, results (Return on Investment or ROI) or generate incremental revenues from development program based on ongoing monitoring and evaluation of overall program performance/effectiveness.
- Provides formal leadership to Player Development team by providing significant input into their development, identifying competency gaps, recommending and supporting training requirements and undertaking regular performance management.
- Collaborates and fosters strong, productive and positive relationships with internal stakeholders within BCLC, Service Provider senior management as well as other external stakeholders including public/players, vendors/suppliers, and regulatory bodies to achieve business objectives.
- Responds to information requests and concerns of other departments, interprets and develops policy and procedures, and assists in the development of solutions to common and complex business challenges.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A university degree or diploma in business or marketing.
- Direct Response Marketing and/or Customer Relationship Marketing credentials.
- 5-7 years recent, related experience in business or consumer marketing environment which includes database and/or CRM marketing and a minimum of two years in a leadership capacity.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Solid/demonstrated knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of database marketing/ customer relationship marketing (CRM).
- Demonstrated experience developing, executing and evaluating customer promotions and direct marketing campaigns/programs (email, direct, web and mobile) producing positive ROI.
- Experience in strategic evaluation of management reports and presentations of CRM programs.
- Strong business acumen with results-oriented focus.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business planning and resource management in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to forecast program costs/revenues with both short-term and long-term focus.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent ability to problem solve, analyze business situations and develop innovative solutions (can act a conduit between the business & analytics).
- Can drive/support business requirements on behalf of the business for the purposes of creating new analytical tools to support CRM.
- Highly motivated; assumes personal ownership and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building, written and verbal communication skills.
- Casino direct marketing and/or loyalty marketing experience is an asset.
- Strong computer skills - MS office suite and marketing analytics/intelligence tools.