In this newly created role reporting into the Director, Customer Acquisition, the Manager – Paid Subscriptions (Communities) will be a business minded marketer who has a deep customer-centric obsession in everything they do.
You are keenly passionate about being the "voice of our customer" and understand the importance of being an advocate for them. You will lead, develop and execute strategies and programs that will result in converting existing and new visitors to digital paid subscribers. The Manager – Paid Subscriptions (Communities) will lead, develop & execute “best in class” marketing campaign strategies that drive registration, engagement and conversion.
As A Member Of Our HIGH PERFORMANCE Team You Will:
Reposition our current offerings from a “one size fits all” approach to a strategically targeted communication channel driven by customer segmentation that will improve reach, readership, social engagement, core audience, longevity and return on investment
Be a data driven, business minded marketing expert that is able to leverage data to uncover meaningful insights that will lead to the development of customer lifecycle management journeys. You will test campaign tactics, measure their performance and implement successful engaging campaigns for our subscribers
Convert visitors to paid subscribers:
- Analyze data, develop lifecycle management journeys, test campaign tactics, measure the performance of those tests, and implement successful campaigns
- Identify target segments to maximize highest conversion - profiles of both known and anonymous users (include page views, visits, ad revenue, content preference, engagement groups)
Grow new unique visitors by:
- expanding our reach which will include total volume (page views, visits, visitors) and Improved social engagement (external referrers and Facebook data where possible)
- Improving readership which will account for the quality of the article(s) using scroll depth and velocity along with the time per article
- Leveraging social media channels
Partner with our local Community Newsrooms
Deliver against a subscriber and revenue target. Forecast and explain trends and participate in the budgeting process
Work in a focussed, agile, selfless, collaborative environment with internal partners on key learnings and insights that will have downstream implications to messaging, creative, product roadmap, resource allocation, and pre-wall & post-wall content interest, # of articles for free, etc.
You possess an agile approach and look at things through a lens of continuous improvement by studying the competitive landscape, staying at the cutting edge of new marketing best practices and leveraging research to build an engaged subscriber community
Why You Will Be Successful:
- Direct marketing and digital experience
- Strong understanding of consumer customer segmentation and direct marketing offer testing principles with demonstrated application of both to deliver incremental sales and profit
- Experience in recurring-revenue business
- Passion, Energy and Creativity. Strategic marketer who is inquisitive and pro-active in terms of ideas and innovation. Sees the bigger picture and prioritizes accordingly.
- Driven leadership skills that can remove obstacles, make decisions and execute.
- Excellent Communication. Excellent people skills especially working to align functional teams and multiple stakeholders
- Go-Getter. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks
- Relentlessly High Standards. Detail-oriented and deadline-driven
Why You Will Love Working Here:
- The opportunity to be part of a company at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you real work/life balance
- We’ve got your health in mind; you’ll get a comprehensive benefits package (Extended Health Care, Dental, etc.) including a minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
…And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.