Silvera for Seniors is a dynamic & growing not-for-profit organization that provides affordable housing for Calgary seniors. Our purpose is to give seniors the respect they deserve and make it great to be a senior in Calgary.
We are currently seeking a professional, experienced Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team working out of our main office. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for strategic corporate communications and marketing support of organizational priorities.
This position will focus on the development and positioning of internal and external corporate initiatives to enhance Silvera’s reputation. This will include, but is not limited to establishing and maintaining the organization’s brand through the development of internal and external communications collateral materials and acting as Silvera’s media relations advisor.
- The successful candidate will possess an undergraduate degree or diploma (equivalent to two years’ full-time study) in a related field such as Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Business, plus five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive experience. Experience working in a not-for-profit environment would be considered an asset
- Proven track record in business writing, sound business acumen and ability to synthesize information from a broad range of sources outside of own discipline
- Superior communications skills, including communications planning, research, editing and translating technical data into easily understood formats
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement marketing and communication strategy and tactics
- Ability to act as media spokesperson as required: knowledge of, or experience in Alberta media; excellent media liaison skills
- Knowledge in the areas of employee, internal and client engagement and communications are essential. A designation in APR (Accredited Public Relations), ABC (Accredited Business Communicator) or CAAP (Communications and Advertising Accredited Professional) would be considered an asset
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Supports for Professional Development
- Opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic work environment
If you possess all of the above please apply by submitting a current copy of your resume, and a supporting cover letter addressing the above requirements. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered.
We thank all interested applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to current volumes, no phone calls please. No Agency referrals will be accepted.
Note: This position requires the successful completion of a criminal record check.