The Marketing team at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, global headquarters in Burnaby, BC is growing and is looking for a newly created role of Manager, Media Planning and Buying.
What we offer
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary plus performance based bonus and comprehensive benefits.
- Group RRSP and Employee share purchase plan both with company match.
- On-going management and leadership development training.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Access to our free onsite gym, which also hosts a variety of fitness programs.
- Subsidized onsite Daycare and Cafeteria.
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find an Xbox, comfortable couches and a great atmosphere.
- River views, and Fraser River walking trails right across the street.
Our LEED Gold Burnaby facility features an on-site subsidized daycare, a subsidized gourmet cafeteria, a free fitness centre, and free parking.
The Manager of Media Planning & Buying is a management role, that functions as the senior media expert and leader of the media planning and buying team.
You will be the fearless leader, motivating the Media Planning and Buying team whilst having your hands full, developing and executing, multiple international media plans in a fast paced and dynamic environment. This role is a balancing act of creativity, analysis, and building strong relationships with media vendors and internal customers.
As this is a new role- you can make your mark by making it your own.
- Lead the development and execution of strategically effective and value-based media strategies and plans.
- Continuous reflection and improvement upon media deliverables and activities, including the analysis of marketing ROI with respect to business goals.
- Recommend high level media planning and buying guidelines, including budgeting allocations.
- Communicate media plans effectively with stakeholders and management, including strategic considerations, media mix, audience reach, cost per impression/lead, in-market and insertion activity timelines, as well as overall costs.
- Oversee media planning and buying fulfillment activities, including insertion order and payment management, contact list generation and execution, and campaign administration.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise of best practice traditional/direct/digital advertising techniques, and media planning and buying.
- Maximize resource and cost efficiency while meeting established levels of service, quality and timeliness. Measure performance against objectives and operational metrics.
- Recruit, motivate and support professional development of the media team.
- Work collaboratively with internal customers and stakeholders, in particular, market managers for strategic direction and the business intelligence team for business insights, as well as other marketing managers and staff.
Here’s what you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is required; MBA would be a plus
- 8+ years experience of successful media planning and buying within a wide-scope environment, including elements of: international markets; emphasis on direct/relationship marketing; traditional and digital advertising; multi-channel business
- 4+ years experience of successful staff leadership, leading and building high performing teams in a dynamic setting
- Technical proficiency – including strong spreadsheet, database, and presentation skills
- Rich analytical skills and experience with ability to turn insight into effective recommendations and action
- Strong relationship-building, vendor management and negotiation skills
- Well-developed media contacts; experience in industrial markets would be a plus
- Energetic, positive, can-do attitude! Curiosity and innovative nature
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail; ability to proactively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage up, down and across an organization
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, and written
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven ability to build good and productive business relationships
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.