Manager, Marketing & Web Services full-time
Reporting to the Executive Director, Advancement and External Relations, the Manager, Marketing and Web Services, drives overall marketing and online strategies, as well as brand stewardship at Lethbridge College. The primary role of the position is to develop, promote, implement, and evaluate overall marketing, social media, and web strategies that maximize institutional growth and build upon an already solid internal and external reputation.
Within the Advancement and External Relations office, the Manager, Marketing and Web Services leads, challenges, inspires and develops a highly driven, tightly integrated, passionate and professional team comprising marketing and production coordinators, designers, and online, social media and web specialists to build and enhance brand awareness. This requires the development of a cohesive and compelling messaging platform and content strategy optimally deployed for maximum effectiveness and efficiency across non-traditional (social media and online) and traditional (print, broadcast, OOH, direct mail) channels.
- Develop, manage and implement evidence-based marketing, social media and web strategy plans and related budgets for Lethbridge College – at the local, regional and provincial/national levels – to increase student and staff recruitment, achieve business goals and enhance overall brand recognition
- Primary brand steward of Lethbridge College. As such, he/she is charged with growing the brand, enhancing its awareness, and leveraging it internally and externally. Additionally, he/she promotes and ensures adherence to branding guidelines
- Develop short- and long-term positioning strategies for Lethbridge College in the marketplace
- Provide leadership, expertise, guidance and support to colleagues to develop, implement and manage departmental marketing plans
- Establish, develop and maintain new and ongoing partnerships with internal and external stakeholder groups
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, commerce, communications, business administration or management
- Five to ten years of relevant experience, including five years in a senior creative/marketing and/or communications staff position, with demonstrated judgment and leadership in both managerial and administrative matters
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in the post-secondary education sector
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, online and social media trends and best practices
- Proven experience in developing and implementing institution-wide and departmental marketing plans
- Strong analytical skills to turn data and market research into action plans, and to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of marketing strategies and tactics
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, problem-solving abilities and results orientation
- Organized, enthusiastic, innovative and able to deal with ambiguity and
- tight deadlines while working effectively in a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances, demands and
Closing Date: Apply submitting your cover letter, resume and references by 4:00 p.m., Aug. 3, 2016, quoting the competition number 16-075.