We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Manger, Marketing and Special Events. Reporting to the President & CEO, this position is responsible for the management, planning, development and implementation of all of Heritage Park’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, public relations, special events, market research, and customer feedback.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, implementation and assessment of a comprehensive marketing strategy, communications and public relations programs
- Ensures the development of long and medium range plans, initiatives and targets consistent with Heritage Park’s mission, mandate, goals and objectives
- Formulates planning and budget proposals, while monitoring spending for the department
- Ensures articulation of the Park’s desired image and position, consistent communication of image and positioning throughout the organization
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all marketing material
- Coordinates media interest in the Park and ensures regular contact with target media
- Oversees Special Events activities for the Park, evaluates results, reposts findings and makes recommendations
- Ensures that the Park regularly conducts relevant market research to assess the effectiveness of marketing and sales strategies and tactics
- Participates as an active member of the senior management team to address relevant issues and develop long-term and short-term goals and objectives
- Works collaboratively with other areas of the organization in the development of communications, promotions and the delivery of the Marketing and Special Events programs and events
- Provides effective leadership, supervision and support to the Marketing and Special Events team
- Represents the Park with outside organizations and committees (i.e. Travel Alberta, Calgary Attractions, Tourism Calgary, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with Heritage Park and industry standards, regulations and laws
- Acts as Duty Manager as required
Education & Experience:
Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications or a related field, and five to ten years’ experience in a senior management/leadership capacity in the Marketing and Special Events area, preferably in the Tourism Industry.
Required Skills & Abilities:
Recognized ability for creating, directing and implementing marketing and special events activities to promote products and services, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost factors. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and proven ability to successfully collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups and a variety of different personalities.
Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.