The Manager, Brand Strategy will serve as PressReader’s brand steward as we expand into new markets (both B2C and B2B) around the world. The successful candidate will build the brand through a number of marketing activities, including public relations, internal communications, sales support, strategic planning, copywriting, social media monitoring, speech writing, presentation building, and more. They’ll work closely with the rest of the marketing team, under the direction of the VP, Marketing.
One major challenge will be to ensure all of PressReader’s departments (in offices around the world) are contributing to the same brand identity and working together to build a consistent, cohesive, and strategically sound brand identity. This role is perfect for some with seriously awesome writing skills looking to grow alongside a Canadian tech company on a wicked-smart marketing team. For an ambitious marketer with talent that stretches across multiple disciplines, this is a great chance to grow your portfolio and truly own some major projects.
If you’re the successful candidate (we hope you are), you’ll help shape PressReader’s lead generation, user acquisition, and customer engagement strategies. You’ll also work closely with other members of the marketing team, including those responsible for digital marketing, social media, B2B marketing, and product marketing, as well as our team of designers and user-experience specialists. All that requires developing a strong understanding of the publishing, media, technology, hospitality, library, and aviation sectors. (We’ll help you out with that part.)
Still with us? Here’s what you’d do as our Manager, Brand Strategy:
- Manage the PressReader brand in both B2B and B2C markets, updating and evolving as needed.
- Manage the PressReader brand internally, ensuring all departments are contributing to a strong brand identity thats consistent across all channels and in all markets.
- Work closely with the executive team to set marketing strategy and influence product development.
- Work with the rest of the marketing team to help create a number of marketing campaigns.
- Write copy for speeches, landing pages, advertisements, and more.
- Develop research papers and presentations to drive warm leads.
- Work alongside the Digital Marketing Manager to drive user acquisition across various channels.
- Contribute to user research, working with the UX team to make sure feedback is incorporated into our design.
- Support the B2B sales team with copywriting as needed.
- Help monitor social media, working with the Digital Marketing Manager to gather and use relevant insights.
- Work with our Creative Lab to develop project briefs and finalize design work.
We offer a competitive compensation package (duh), plus benefits after you complete a probation period.
If you’re interested, here’s what we need to see:
- 3+ years of experience building effective marketing strategies.
- 3-5+ years of experience writing copy for a variety of media. We need a kick-ass writer with a laser eye.
- Serious attention to detail. We hope you’ve already spotted the typo in this job posting.
- Passion and motivation. We’re looking for someone with fresh ideas and the chops to make them happen.
- A super-positive attitude and a sharp sense of humour. We need someone cool under pressure.
- Hustle. You move mountains to get things done, instead of turning around when you see a speedbump.
- Professionalism. You’re comfortable communicating with senior leadership teams of major companies.
- Organization. We need someone who hits all their deadlines all time.
- A news junkie. We need a marketer who’s informed and knows all about our industry.
- A willingness to learn and collaborate. Everyone here takes feedback easily and seriously.
- You have experience in marketing or brand-building for another app or SaaS product.
- You’re fluent in a second (or third) language.