CCS Corporation (“CCS”), headquartered in Calgary, is an industry leader in providing environmental solutions for the energy and natural resource industries. What began as a one-rig operation in Northern Alberta over 30 years ago has grown to an organization that provides specialized integrated waste management, well servicing and environmental solutions to our clients. This is your opportunity to become part of the solutions we provide.
Under the direction of a new leadership team, our 3,000+ employees across North America are identified through four main operating divisions: Concord Well Servicing, HAZCO Environmental Services, CCS Midstream Services Canada and Midstream U.S. Operations. As a family of diverse business units, CCS offers unique career development opportunities.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Manager, Marketing Communications is responsible for the development of the corporate marketing communications strategy, including the digital strategy and execution of related plans, campaigns and materials.
- Develop a marketing communications strategy including the digital strategy and execution of corporate marketing communications to ensure consistent messaging and visual expression and alignment to the recently developed brand strategy.
- Working with a creative agency, lead the execution of advertising campaigns and marketing communications to support a major brand initiative as well as ongoing annual needs including recruitment campaigns.
- Develop an agency management strategy and manage external marketing contractors such as creative agency and freelance writers and designers if needed.
- Manage internal marketing communications staff (2-3 direct reports).
- Work closely with marketing colleagues from company operations in Canada and the US, as well as centralized marketing functions including event management, sales support, brand, market planning and research to coordinate execution of integrated marketing communications.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience demonstrating progressive advancement developing marketing communication strategies, plans and materials.
- Experience should include development of national advertising campaigns, print collateral, presentations, websites and digital/on-line materials.
- Foundational experience in consumer products marketing is an asset, complemented by experience in B2B marketing communications.
- Previous management experience or direct reports is required.
- Degree in business, preferably with a concentration in marketing.
- General business acumen and analytical skills.
- Experience in oil and gas or energy services would be an asset (but is not required).
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills: able to plan projects, manage cross-functional teams and execute to deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize complex messages and simplify them for communication.
- Detail oriented.
- Multi-task oriented: ability to change gears quickly, analyze and assess and make appropriate recommendations.
- Prioritize tasks accordingly with an ability to see the big picture.