Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Manager Marketing & Communications is accountable to manage the day to day planning of the Marketing & Communications team– a group consisting of strategists and communicators leading diverse institutional and faculty/division-specific initiatives, event planning and marketing and communications professionals with both specific and broad support responsibilities. The candidate must be a strong strategic and analytical thinker who understands the post secondary sector, is well informed about Mount Royal’s unique assets and aspirations as a Canadian undergraduate university, offers firsthand experience in institutional brand and reputation management and is well-versed in client relationship management best practice.
- Management of a marketing & communications team to understand and reflect institutional priorities and strategies in their daily work, workload monitoring and management, ongoing feedback and supervision, and conducting performance reviews.
- Working with the Director to develop and implement effective public relation strategies including media relations, internal communications, publications, and the Mount Royal website
- Relationship Management strategic leadership: quality control and oversight of the function, consistency in service delivery and ensuring faculty/division/department needs are optimally balanced with mandatory institutional strategic and R.O.I. requirements.
- Brand leadership: including understanding and influencing the ongoing evolution of Mount Royal’s brand, ensuring wide understanding of key brand information including survey results and implications and guiding the team and wider MRU community in “living the brand” and reflecting the brand in their interactions and product.
- Advancement of the interests of Mount Royal through effective internal and external communications
- Budget management for all assigned budget lines
- Leadership of institutional projects as assigned by Director
- Reliable and insightful support to the Director in advancing the profile of MRU within the sector and region
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all levels across the institution.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- Minimum 7 years experience in leading a marketing and communication team specializing in corporate marketing and communications, publications and media relations, including strategy development; proven media results; work in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Strong experience in project and people management with a focus on
- branding and marketing
- internal and external communications
- client relationship management
- team empowerment, performance improvement and leadership
- strategic planning and analysis
- project management and process optimization
- Knowledge of post secondary or public sector essential with positive consideration to candidates with previous experience within these sectors
- Ability to confidently mobilize and motivate diverse resources toward the achievement of common goals
- Ability to think quickly; decisive; strong writing for a variety of media; initiate new projects; results-oriented
- Exposure to agency environments desirable
November 29, 2013