Manager, Film Creative
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0512)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, more fun lives
As the Manager, Film Creative, this people leader lives to identify and tell great stories and have the ability to transform creative ideas and concepts into captivating visual content. You have the ability to quickly familiarize yourself with brand goals & style and integrate them into your concept and visual direction. You love collaboration and bringing new ideas, techniques and technologies to the table to push your work and inspire your team. You will be responsible for the management and growth of film makers placed in your team and will develop their skills and help navigate their goals as a film maker.
- Works with project owners to find creative film solutions for project brief
- Preproduction responsibilities (creative concepting, pitching, storyboarding)
- Carry out production responsibilities while on set (direct + shoot + edit)
- Work with editor to ensure project meets brief
- Liase with manager to ensure creative solves the request of the brief
- Keeping producer up to date on status of project from a pre/prod/post perspective
- Ensuring projects delivery on time and on spec
- Keep up to date with technologies, trends, techniques
- Post-secondary degree in film studies
- 10 years of proven international experience in video production (storytelling examples required)
- Experience in being a creative lead and leading teams in production.
- Possess strong skills in concepting, storyboarding, shooting, editing, directing, color correction, compression, encoding of videos, and digital asset management
- Experience in working with professional atheletes, models and actors.
- Must be proficient in Adobe CC (Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects a bonus)
The other stuff:
- You must love brainstorming and bringing ideas to the table
- You keep informed and up to date on best practices and tools in the video space, ensuring standards remain high and techniques are cutting edge
- You work efficiently under pressure, with tight timelines
- You’re a self-starter - are able to work independently and move projects forward
- Loves collaboration and is willing to action creative feedback
- Relevant outdoor and/or mountain culture experience – needs to be fit!
- MUST HAVE: sense of humor (*non-neogtiable)
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.