The primary responsibility of the Manager, Creative Services is to accelerate the growth rate of the SUGOi business by executing the strategic marketing objectives, strategies and tactics put in place by the Marketing Director. The Manager, Creative Services is part of the process to help set and realize the goals of SUGOi's overall strategic plan, while leveraging new opportunities for growth, and maintaining a strong creative edge for the brand.
The Manager, Creative Services is the guardian of the SUGOi brand, ensuring SUGOi moves to higher levels of brand recognition.
- Based on the Corporate Strategic Plan, and in conjunction with the Marketing Director, develop an annual creative services plan and budget.
- Lead the development of brand vision and creative strategies.
- Honor the corporate calendar.
- According to the Strategic Plan, guide the direction and development of the public "face" of SUGOi consistently and at all internal and external touch points of consumer and customer contact
- Execute all marketing creative services activities, including: brand and product positioning, marketing materials, in-store display collateral, packaging, tradeshow booths, trade displays, and sales materials.
- Place all print and collateral materials, constantly striving to under spend budget, yet improve the SUGOi perceived value and quality
- Manage outside agencies and build an internal Creative Services team as necessary to anticipate and match the growth of the organization.
- Manage projects and budgets such as:
- Marketing Collateral: maintain calendar and drive the process for all catalogs, packaging, brochures, sales collateral etc.
- Maintain and communicate the brand and the SUGOi mission and vision in all materials.
- Consult and coordinate with managers of sales, product development, and other disciplines to further the company's progress.
- Assist in setting direction for new product development introduction by gathering input from consumers, customers, trade contacts, sales force and competitive analysis.
- Lead the charge on creative requirements for other Apparel Footwear Group brands including Canndonale, GT, Schwinn, Mongoose, Ironhorse, Sombrio, and more.
- Coordinate all trademark requirements for the company, and protect the brand.
- Other duties as required.
Leadership / Cultural Responsibilities:
- Contribute to an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Maintain a strong commitment to teamwork and concern for others
- Seek growth and learning opportunities
- Maintain a high level of personal responsibility and ownership
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Use effective communication and listening skills
- Maintain a high level of personal accountability and integrity
- Provide a clear and consistent vision, goals and strategies that are aligned with the core values and company philosophy
- Develop a team that is driven to achieve the company goals and vision
- Support, mentor and develop others on your team
- Motivate and inspire your team through accessibility, empowerment, regular communication, and recognizing and celebrate successes
- Identify and plan for the development of technical skills, teamwork skills and leadership skills
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or design
- 3+ years of experience in a Creative Services managerial role
- Capable of managing multiple projects autonomously in an unstructured environment - an experienced project manager with a successful track record of meeting time lines and budget requirements.
- Ability to lead a team and translate business and product strategy to the team and consumer.
- Experience managing outside agencies.
- Proven brand experience with a premium consumer brand.
- Passion for the fitness lifestyle and our core cycling and running consumers.
- Creativity: the ability to create big marketing ideas with small budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe CS suite, Microsoft office suite
- Strong knowledge of Digital asset scripting, actions, and managing large collections of digital assets for various outputs -- including web and print
- Strong knowledge of the creative print and production industry
- Ability to co-ordinate the complete production of Photo and Video Shoot; ability to coordinate Models and Athletes for Studio and Lifestyle photography and Video