Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing. The Company is the licensor of full-service retail drug stores operating under the name Shoppers Drug Mart (Pharmaprix in Québec). With over 1,000 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores operating in prime locations in each province and three territories, the Company is one of the most convenient retailers in Canada.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on the quality and commitment of our employees who thrive on exciting challenges.
MANAGER, CREATIVE SERVICES
Reporting directly to the Director, Creative & Branding, the incumbent will manage our in-house design studio, collaborate with the advertising team to produce all our creative deliverables, and work with the marketing department to develop new advertising initiatives for Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and all sub brands (ie. Murale, Beauty Boutique, Life Brand, Shoppers Home Health Care, Quo, Simply Pharmacy, etc.).
This includes the design management of in-store POP, magazine ads, digital ads, newspaper ads, brochures, logo development, permanent store graphics, packaging, direct mail, marketing books, radio, etc. The Manager, Creative Services will collaborate with the Director, Branding & Creative and the Design Team to manage the timelines and logistics of all creative projects, implementing workflow strategies and developing brand enhancing design solutions. The incumbent will demonstrate strong people management skills, the ability to multi task and present creative concepts with acute attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Manages and prioritizes creative deliverables for all print projects and all areas of the business including but not limited to: in-store signage, magazine ads, digital ads, newspaper ads, promotional materials, direct mail, flyer inserts, radio, etc.
- Liaises with Manager of Creative Communications on all creative communications (in-store signage, magazine ads, newspaper ads, promotional materials, direct mail, flyer inserts, etc.).
- Works closely with Manager, Production Services to transition projects for language production.
- Maintains an current status sheet of all creative projects, key due dates and current status.
- Provides leadership and direction in order to maintain the integrity and strategy of all creative processes and ensure creative is on brand, delivered on time and within the budget.
- Presents design concepts to internal and external clients.
- Participates in meetings with Marketing Coordinators, Marketing Managers and Directors throughout the business to discuss new creative project briefings, internal approvals, legal requirements, scheduling, etc.
- Liaises with the Coordinator, Creative Services to manage photography requirements, schedules and budgets.
- Manages a team of Graphic Designers, providing day-to-day project direction and coaching.
EDUCATION AND JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 5 years experience in graphic design.
- Minimum 5 years experience in creative project management.
- Experience within retail.
- Post secondary education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma in Graphic Design.
- Advanced knowledge of design principles pertaining to a retail environment. In depth knowledge of design software (i.e InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Have fabulous ideas and ingenious solutions.
- Have an accurate eye for detail.
- Can lead a team to certain greatness.
Staff cannot be approached directly for the purpose of recruitment/interviews without prior knowledge of the Associate or Department Head. A minimum of four (4) weeks notice must be provided unless otherwise agreed upon by the Associate or Department Head.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the above-mentioned position. Please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the position will be contacted for scheduling. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at www.shoppersdrugmart.ca