Who We Are:
At BCIT, we champion diversity of experiences, ideas, cultures and perspectives, to foster a community in which equality and inclusivity are embedded in everything we do. We embrace endless innovation, ignited by imagination and creativity, to improve our approaches, opportunities and outcomes. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do, to accomplish real, measurable results. We believe in the power of collaboration to amplify our efforts and begin every interaction with a foundation of respect for others’ expertise, insights and inherent worth. Our overall vision is to empower people, shape BC, and inspire global progress. If this resonates with you, come join our team as we continue to provide practical education for a complex world.
BCIT’s Marketing & Communications department is seeking a regular, full-time (1.0 FTE) Manager, Creative. This position shapes and delivers on the creative vision of BCIT’s marketing and communications products and ensuring it is on strategy, bridging art direction with copy writing and creative execution. Leads creative conceptualization, innovation, and pushes the boundaries on advertising and design trends. Manages and directs the work of the Creative studio, collaborating with a team of Marketing and Communications professionals, stakeholders, and external creative resources. Oversees project lifecycle from initiation through post-launch project review, managing resource allocation to ensure accurate project delivery, and ensuring that final deliverables meet the quality expectations of stakeholders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides oversight, support and people leadership to the Creative studio; manages and directs work to a team of creative professionals spanning photography, videography, graphic design and production, and copy writing. Participates as a member of the Marketing and Communications management team, providing input to development of strategies, advising and making recommendations on key decisions, and sharing responsibility for departmental achievements and success.
- Leads and contributes to the cohesive development, implementation and management of the Institute brand visually including graphic standards as well as copy in collateral and advertising. Provides guidance and solutions for the evolution of the brand and its application across stakeholders.
- Responsible for creative execution across mediums, including online, print and collateral, traditional and digital advertising, photography and videography.
- Provides graphic design expertise and executes advertising and collateral materials for digital and print.
- Participates in, and may lead, brainstorms, briefings and presentations including Brand Review.
- Provides oversight and solutions to project management and production processes, as well as the procurement of systems, tools, and resources for the creative studio.
- Establishes solid communication channels with key contributors, partners and clients.
- Identifies opportunities and projects for employee growth and experience, sharing learnings and experience, as well as establishing initiatives that will enhance the creative product in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Supports Marketing and Communications initiatives and events, such as Convocation.
- Researches and maintains awareness of emerging trends and best practices, identifying opportunities to enhance work, and to support achievement of departmental goals.
- Manages directly and indirectly reporting staff, overseeing and participating in selection, coaching, mentoring, development, performance management and all other people-management practices.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication Arts, or equivalent discipline, with documented ongoing education in related areas.
- Minimum five years of direct and current experience in art direction and graphic design including branding, print and digital, in a creative environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communicator, capable of abstract and conceptual thinking leading to best-in-class creative. Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proficient across the complete scope of design from sketches to storyboards.
- Experience in the graphic and print industry, including production.
- Experience in digital and online creative assets.
- Solid portfolio of diverse projects ranging in scale and type.
- Exceptional team leadership, professional standards, energy, organization, and interpersonal skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional skills using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Proficiency with project management systems and web publishing tools.
- Proficiency with Apple Mac products.
- Experience with budgets, project scope and cost-effectiveness, and quoting process.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends when required.
View the full job description here: Manager, Creative
At BCIT, we strive to recruit and select the right talent that best fits our organization’s requirements. We encourage applicants to review BCIT’s Leadership Competency Model prior to applying for this position to better understand the skills and behaviors that leaders at all levels at BCIT need to demonstrate in order to support our desired organizational culture and deliver our mandate and vision.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.