BCIT’s Marketing & Communications department is seeking a regular, full-time (1.0 FTE) Manager, Creative. This position shapes and delivers on the creative vision of BCIT’s marketing and communications products and ensuring it is on strategy, bridging art direction with copy writing and creative execution. Leads creative conceptualization, innovation, and pushes the boundaries on advertising and design trends. Manages and directs the work of the Creative studio, collaborating with a team of Marketing and Communications professionals, stakeholders, and external creative resources. Oversees project lifecycle from initiation through post-launch project review, managing resource allocation to ensure accurate project delivery, and ensuring that final deliverables meet the quality expectations of stakeholders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides oversight, support and people leadership to the Creative studio; manages and directs work to a team of creative professionals spanning photography, videography, graphic design and production, and copy writing. Participates as a member of the Marketing and Communications management team, providing input to development of strategies, advising and making recommendations on key decisions, and sharing responsibility for departmental achievements and success.
- Leads and contributes to the cohesive development, implementation and management of the Institute brand visually including graphic standards as well as copy in collateral and advertising. Provides guidance and solutions for the evolution of the brand and its application across stakeholders.
- Responsible for creative execution across mediums, including online, print and collateral, traditional and digital advertising, photography and videography.
- Provides graphic design expertise and executes advertising and collateral materials for digital and print.
- Participates in, and may lead, brainstorms, briefings and presentations including Brand Review.
- Provides oversight and solutions to project management and production processes, as well as the procurement of systems, tools, and resources for the creative studio.
- Establishes solid communication channels with key contributors, partners and clients.
- Identifies opportunities and projects for employee growth and experience, sharing learnings and experience, as well as establishing initiatives that will enhance the creative product in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Supports Marketing and Communications initiatives and events, such as Convocation.
- Researches and maintains awareness of emerging trends and best practices, identifying opportunities to enhance work, and to support achievement of departmental goals.
- Manages directly and indirectly reporting staff, overseeing and participating in selection, coaching, mentoring, development, performance management and all other people-management practices.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication Arts, or equivalent discipline, with documented ongoing education in related areas.
- Minimum five years of direct and current experience in art direction and graphic design including branding, print and digital, in a creative environment.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communicator, capable of abstract and conceptual thinking leading to best-in-class creative. Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proficient across the complete scope of design from sketches to storyboards.
- Experience in the graphic and print industry, including production.
- Experience in digital and online creative assets.
- Solid portfolio of diverse projects ranging in scale and type.
- Exceptional team leadership, professional standards, energy, organization, and interpersonal skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional skills using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Proficiency with project management systems and web publishing tools.
- Proficiency with Apple Mac products.
- Experience with budgets, project scope and cost-effectiveness, and quoting process.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends when required.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.