Make a bold move, for the career you’ve always wanted. Where your skills are valued, your goals supported and where a balanced lifestyle comes naturally.
Manager, Corporate Communications
A multi-faceted term role (1 year) for a communications powerhouse
Richmond (Metro Vancouver), BC
At Catalyst, we make a diverse range of specialty paper, newsprint and pulp. Have you read the latest Rolling Stone magazine? It was printed on our paper. How about the New York Times? That’s on ours, too. People love the feel of paper, and it’s still a valuable communication tool.
In this one-year term position reporting to the VP Marketing and Corporate Responsibility, you will keep senior management informed of relevant trends, issues and achievements. You are naturally inquisitive, creative, credible and confident, and will use these attributes to: initiate and work with our operations team to support various communications projects; develop effective social media strategies for our business-to-business enterprise; field media inquiries; prepare policy papers and promotional pieces for a variety of stakeholders; and act as one of our spokespeople.
Other communications activities will include:
- contributing to the development of communications plans that support our business strategies
- implementing the communications tactics that fall out of those plans
- producing and overseeing external and internal communications, both print and electronic
- managing Catalyst’s brand identity
- responding to public inquiries
- assisting senior management in preparing for public engagements
- providing cross-company communications expertise and support to a variety of project teams
- acting as communications advisor to our three mills and corporate Emergency Response Management Teams.
This role is ideally suited to an exceptional individual with a well-rounded communications skill-set who holds a degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline and a minimum of five years' related experience.
Catalyst is a producer of some of the world’s most environmentally responsible paper and pulp, and the largest producer of specialty printing paper and newsprint in western North America. We are valued—by retailers, publishers and commercial printers across North America, Latin America and the Pacific Rim—for our competitiveness, innovation and sustainable practices.
Based along BC’s west coast, our employees have the opportunity to work and live close to scenic beaches and mountains, in one of Canada’s mildest climates. You can expect a competitive benefit and salary package, along with the chance to advance your skills, experience and knowledge within a supportive peer environment. Your unique skills, talents and life experience will find a good home here.