A Career Opportunity
At UNICEF, we work tirelessly to ensure children survive, wherever children’s lives are at risk. As part of the UN, we are active in more countries and have saved more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization.
By embarking on an ambitious campaign, we will reach every child, even those in the most remote and hard-to-reach places with the essentials that every child and every family needs to survive. Because no child is too far.
Consider joining us as our:
(Permanent; Full-time; based in Toronto)
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Brand, this role is a cross-cutting role responsible for the creation of targeted content to support all channels. The Manager, Content will be expected to source and create high quality multi-media and multi-channel materials that highlight UNICEF’s work. The Manager, Content will foster strong relationships with all other National Committees, Private Fundraising & Partnerships (PFP) and Country Offices for gathering materials and supporting UNICEF Canada’s content strategy.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
Content Creation and Management
- Acts as the content specialist for the organization, creating print, digital and video content for a variety of campaigns and projects.
- As part of the Communications and Brand team, takes part in weekly creative brief sessions and is part of the Integrated Strategic Communications Working Group.
- Works cross functionally to identify priorities and create a content strategy for the organization, in collaboration with the Director, Communications and Brand.
- Works with various teams to create content that targets key market segments and identify the best medium and best communication tactic to reach targets.
- Writes effective and on-brand content for various channels and teams as needed, including, but not limited to, diverse digital content, human interest stories, magazine stories, etc.
- Produces video content from pre to post-production including, creative development, budget management, advising on technical requirements, acquiring appropriate insurance, sets editing plan and quality controls final output.
- Edits video content as needed for various channels, including social media and website needs.
- Is responsible for PSA adaptation, development, licencing and trafficking.
- Manages freelance talent to create compelling multimedia, multi-platform content. Negotiates costs to ensure collateral is created on budget.
- Works in collaboration with the Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer on various projects, including UNICEF Canada’s biannual magazine, For Every Child and other donor collateral.
- Provides content and collateral support in the event of an international emergency and for major organizational opportunities.
- As needed, coordinates photo and video resources for field visits for content collection. Provides input on content collection for staff partaking in field travel to ensure content gathered can be leveraged to influence brand positioning and reach. Responsible for ensuring all content is captured according to international child protection policies.
- Recognizes and leverages overlap to reduce costs and increase synergies.
- Collaborates with UNICEF’s offices around the world to effectively source the best content available within the UNICEF system, consistently realizing cost savings to UNICEF Canada.
The ideal candidate will have:
A post-secondary degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, International Relations/Development or production-related discipline.
A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in content, marketing or communications.
Strong writing skills for various channels and types of engagement.
Video editing skills and experience. Strong working knowledge of video production techniques.
An in-depth understanding of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro (an asset).
Experience managing both print and video production.
A working knowledge of International Development and/or humanitarian response.
The ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously ensuring deadlines, brand and superior quality standards are met.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
The ability to easily resolve complex issues and problem solve.
The interest and ability to innovate and seek out opportunities for organizational growth and cost savings.
Experience with CMS environments.
Knowledge of French (an asset).