The Manager Communications is responsible for developing and managing Agrium’s Corporate communications programs and team. This includes internal communications to keep Agrium employees engaged and informed about corporate news, events and priorities and some external communications to outside stakeholders.
You are a professional with 10+ years and will be expected to develop and contribute to broader department programs and communications strategies. A high level of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, creativity and collaboration is required to develop messaging and programs across the company.
Responsibilities include the ability to:
- Maintain and improve current Communications processes, including audits of Agrium existing communications programs/tools,
- Develop messaging relevant to key audiences including the creation of original and compelling content using a variety of mediums,
- Taking often complex information and translating it into simple messages and stories,
- Originate appropriate programs and articles to meet communication needs;
- Coordinate company-wide communications initiatives, including partnering with Agrium’s three strategic business units (SBU) to deliver key messages from a Corporate and SBU perspective.
- University degree and 10+ years of related communications experience,
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Strong, project management, mature interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability,
- Strong organizational and time management skills, often working to tight deadlines,
- Proven leadership skills, including collaborative skills with internal peers,
- Ability to handle confidential information,
- Sound and proven technical capabilities
- Responds positively to direction and takes initiative in planning a timely course to project completion,
- Has the ability to think creatively and strategically to move projects throughout the organization,
- Has the ability to quickly develop and leverage a network of key influencers and opinion leaders,
- Understanding of the industry would be an asset, as would experience with crisis, communications, web-based modes of delivering key messages and communications as well as experience pertaining to acquisitions and business integration.