Canada Post is changing the marketing conversations we are having with our customers and embarking on a smarter way of doing business in this space. If you are passionate about helping customers elevate their brand and ready to be part of a team leading this change, we are currently seeking an enthusiastic Business Development Manager in Direct Marketing. This is a sales leadership role for someone who has proven success selling advertising media solutions and a disciplined approach to business development.
As the Manager, Business Development / Direct Marketing you will:
- Execute a territory plan and approach in order to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Develop and present strategic information, best practices and case studies that highlight the key role played by Canada Post marketing product offerings in a customer’s marketing mix.
- Develop high quality presentations and lead customer marketing discussions in order to educate, share best practices and influence perceptions of Canada Post to drive direct marketing and data revenue.
- Conduct marketing tests in customer environments to demonstrate the advantages of increasing the direct mail spend in support of ongoing strategic marketing discussions.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the media/advertising/direct marketing landscape as part of a self-directed continuous learning and professional development process.
- Support requirements gathering, solution development and negotiation of sales contracts with customers.
- Support cost/benefit analysis and related strategies and provide input into customer specific pricing proposals and business cases.
- Provide support to the Director of Business Development for Direct Marketing on defining the market strategy and communicating the dynamic changes within their regional area.
- Closely monitor Direct Marketing performance, gather information and intelligence ensuring that strategies are in place to mitigate erosion and maximize revenue growth.
Education and work experience
In addition to a business or marketing degree or diploma, you have 5 years' advertising or media solutions sales experience or 5+ years in project management and business strategy.
You also have:
- Proven success in achieving sales targets.
- An ability to penetrate accounts quickly and set a sound market development strategy with a vertical focus in mind.
- A proven track record in prospecting, acquiring and retaining customers.
- Experience interacting with senior executives including C-level executives.
- Exposure to matrix organizations.
- Effective consensus building skills.
- An ability to integrate with an internal cross functional team collaboratively.
A CMA marketing certificate in Direct Marketing or Relationship Marketing (Advanced) would be an asset.
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions