Manager, Brand Management full-time
Position Name: Manager, Brand Management
Posting Number: 32827
Location: Calgary, AB
Employment Type: Perm Full-Time
Imagine being the Manager, leading the development and execution of the overall corporate brand for Suncor. Now, that's a job! To be successful in this role, you'll need to be a big strategic thinker who can continue to translate Suncor's mission, vision and values effectively into drivers for the brand strategy and bring deep experience in brand leadership (preferably corporate brands), marketing and communications.
- Develops and leads the execution of Suncor's corporate brand strategy in support of Suncor's business strategy
- Educates the organization on the brand, prioritizes work, and ensures the integration of brand strategy with the other elements of the corporate communication strategy
- Leads the Communications Resources team to provide efficient and effective delivery of creative services including the management of approved vendors
- Leads the development of Suncor's advertising strategy that builds Suncor's reputation and supports company strategy. Develops appropriate metrics and conducts research to determine whether or not advertising is meeting objectives
- Ensures alignment of measurement and research across the Communication teams. Continuously evaluates Suncor's brand and reputation with key target audiences. Uses research to determine the impact on business objectives
- Ensures the brand management and communication resources service offering is clear for all clients of the team. Champions the development and maintenance of strong client-service working relationships
- Participates as a core member of the brand cross-functional team to proactively leverage opportunities with Suncor and Petro-Canada brands by evaluating risks and rewards. Recommends brand endorsement levels and follow-up plans
- Manages risks of negative impacts to Suncor's brand and reputation by staying informed on issues across the organization and in the industry and recommends or collaborates with others on mitigation plans
- Effectively manages a significant budget for the team.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business/Marketing, Business or a directly related field
- 15+ years of experience in marketing and communications with a deep specialty in developing and managing multiple brand strategies, preferably corporate brands
- Experience in developing multi-media advertising strategy (to support brand objectives) and supporting tools and process development
- Proven experience measuring and translating market research
- Advertising agency experience an asset
- Understanding of the Suncor and Petro-Canada brands an asset
- Significant experience successfully implementing business process development and execution
- Experience managing others and building high performing teams
- Experience leading and/or implementing unstructured projects to completion within a changing environment
Skills & Knowledge:
- Passionate about branding (in the fullest sense of the word - we're NOT talking just about visual identity here)
- Work well in large complex organizations
- Are a truly collaborative professional
- Thrive on challenge
- Don't mind working hard as long as the work is exciting and interesting
Use your cover letter to tell us why this position is exciting to you and the top three things your experience could bring to the Suncor team.
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career. As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.