Requisition Number: 2015-17882
# Positions: 1
Posting Code: WRKP
Close Date: 7/28/2015
Finning Canada is a division of Finning International Inc., the world's largest Caterpillar equipment dealer. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we sell, rent, and provide customer support services for Caterpillar equipment and engines to a diverse range of industrial markets in British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan, the Northwest Territories and a portion of Nunavut.
Our customers hold us to a higher standard than our competitors because of our solid reputation that began in 1933 with the motto "we service what we sell", and it still rings true today. We are committed to building honest, constructive relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
Fast facts about us:
- Our vision is to be Caterpillar's best global business partner, providing unrivalled services that earn customer loyalty.
- Safety is a core value that influences every aspect of our business. This commitment has positioned us as a leader in safety excellence in the heavy equipment industry.
- We've built a world-class network of product support services with 57 branch locations supported by nearly 500 well-equipped field service trucks, and over 5,500 employees across our dealership territory. Together we produce more than three million service hours every year.
- We've strategically divided our business into three categories: operations (parts and service), sales, and corporate support (accounting and human resources etc.).
- In 2013 we celebrated 80 years of success, thanks to a strong tradition of customer service excellence.
- In 2015 we expanded our territory and became the Cat dealer in Saskatchewan.
The Major Account Manager is responsible for providing primary contact to major strategic customers marketing Finning and Caterpillar products and services to the Customer through the development and implementation of plans for growth in equipment, parts and service sales. This position will identify, develop and coordinate the implementation of a customer specific sales and marketing strategy for all products and services.
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Independent and minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of products and services related to the assigned industry
- Maintain a current knowledge of customers, economic environment and Caterpillar products
- Understands and adheres to safety procedures
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 8 to 10 years previous sales and product support experience would be considered an asset
- A recent driver's abstract will be required
- Successful external candidates shall be subject to a criminal records check
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships to support the marketing and sales of equipment, products and services
- Timely and effective research, communication and response to customer and Caterpillar issues
- Overall responsibility for contract management and related reporting
- Prepare accurate and timely equipment and service forecasts, pricing, quality estimates and market intelligence, call reports and customer information
- Develop and maintain information data utilizing Finning (Canada)'s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Achieve targets for profitability, cost and asset management
- Maintain sound long-term relationships with customers, Caterpillar, internal departments and staff
- Understand the customers’ economic models and proactively develop timely deal strategies
- Representing the company in a professional and ethical manner
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.