Lead / Senior Graphic Designer full-time
Based in Toronto, Format.com is the leading online portfolio platform for professional visual artists around the world to exhibit, market and sell their work. We are a proudly self funded business with tens of thousands of customers across every country worldwide.
We’re looking for a Lead / Senior Graphic Designer with an intense passion for design to join our Marketing team. In this multifaceted role you’ll report into our VP of Marketing and will be executing design work as well as leading and overseeing work of other designers. You will also be responsible for ensuring that Format’s brand and design meets our customers’ highest expectations.
Join us and have an impact on the lives of creative professionals around the world!
We believe this is a one of a kind role. Here is why:
- Execute for clients that respect design. Your client will be the creative community, our customers, as well as your team. Each person in that equation respects and values great design.
- You will know if your work is successful. As a business we utilize data to understand how our work impacts the business, as well as our customers. You won’t need to guess if your design was successful, you’ll know it.
- Your work will need to be creatively unique. Prepare to be challenged. You will be designing for an audience of tens of thousands of creative professionals scattered across the world, a discerning audience that expects unique and beautifully executed design solutions.
- You will be fully engaged. Being a self funded company, your work will directly be tied to Format’s success. Everyone here is aligned to our goals as this is our direct path towards having an impact on the global creative community.
- Everyone has your back. We built a company with an amazing culture that cares about the business and each other. Don’t expect any egos here. Once you work at Format you will not want to leave. Here is a glimpse of what we are up to: https://www.instagra..eamformat/.
- We contribute to the success of the creative community. From running our online Format Magazine, to hosting design events at our office, we believe we have a responsibility to foster and give back to the creative community.
- Conceptualize and execute (hands-on) creative work. Specific design assignments will range from website & mobile design, identities, marketing collateral, advertising, full-scale branding campaigns to one off social media graphical content.
- Lead and oversee the work produced by the Marketing design team. Manage multiple projects and provide direction to designers on your team in order to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Work directly with other members of the Marketing team. Communicate and work collaboratively with team members; present designs and participate in critiques.
- Influence Format’s brand. Have a hand in shaping the direction of Format’s visual brand and design language.
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- 7+ years of graphic/interactive design agency experience.
- Experience developing and executing visual concepts, designs and design systems. Experience in brand marketing, interactive design and art direction of large scale website projects through to edgier campaigns, promotional materials and brand experiences.
- Extremely detail-oriented and willing to push yourself and other designers with their creative solutions.
- An understanding of design, UX and technology and a willingness to explore new design ideas.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and user experience.
- Experience balancing and executing multiple projects while managing multiple designers in order to meet deadlines. Understand the digital design and production process.
- Up-to-date on latest interactive design trends and technologies
- Bonus Points: You are a strategic thinker. You understand branding and love getting deep insight into our business needs and tackling problems that solve our unique challenges via our brand.
Some of the benefits of working here include:
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io..res/format
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny)
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- In-office perks: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.