Reporting to the Senior Sales Manager, Oilfield the Key Account Manager is responsible for the initiation, development and growth of major oilfield accounts. The Key Account Manager will market and sell Superior Propane’s product and services to new customers and successfully achieve predefined sales goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with the Senior Sales Manager, Oilfield to develop, recommend and execute a sales plan that leverages national and regional programs and resources to consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Prospects, researches and identifies new business opportunities and works the sales plan to create awareness, discover customer needs and deliver product and service solutions.
- Initiates and leads the sales cycle/process as a subject matter expert and acts as the customer’s key contact and resource. Builds strong business relationships with prospective customers and manages the sales funnel/cycle by continually following up on their current business needs and anticipating future business needs.
- Prepares and confidently presents sales proposals, including pricing and product/service terms, to key decision makers. Influences, negotiates and closes the sale with the best interest of the company and the customer in mind.
- Collaborates with and engages the Regional Leadership Team to ensure the needs of the customer can be and will be met.
- Communicates regularly and prepares reports on key performance indicators and communication on sales progress within the sales funnel/cycle and achievements. Intimately knows customer base and area activity and utilizes information and data to capitalize on sales opportunities and recommend sales strategies.
- Resolves any issues as they arise and involves subject matter experts and key decision makers as needed to remove obstacles.
- Provides initial account maintenance and customer service to ensure customer needs are met.
- Promotes and represent Superior Propane positively and professionally within the community and industry to all customers, competitors and industry associates.
- 5-10 years sales experience with proven sales growth record
- 3-5 years selling directly to Oil Producers in the Western Sedimentary Basin
- Demonstrated understanding of oilfield operations and sales process; direct Oilfield experience would be an asset
- Completion of a University degree in Commerce or related discipline or a specialized technical course or trade certification
- Exceptional customer service skills and relationship management skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Business acumen, financial and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of the propane industry would be an asset
- Valid Driver’s License