About MD – Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD – Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
This is a full time contract position beginning immediately until the end of 2014. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in the fulfilment of the company’s web design needs, such as promotional materials and marketing tools, as well as helping to create industry-leading websites. The candidate must exhibit a great degree of autonomy and artistic ability and will be asked to continuously renew design and overall content presentation in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will have the ability to provide creative web design quickly and accurately and be able to balance small tasks with larger projects. In addition, the ideal candidate should have an interest in Web Usability and User Experience Design.
You will be responsible for conceiving and creating design and visual elements for web properties in support of online acquisition campaigns, including banner ads, landing pages, HTML emails, online demos and specialty projects. Other tasks include:
- Creating the same banner in multiple sizes for multiple purposes.
- Making content and web page layouts using established internal design guidelines, maintaining and adhering to site design standards and content templates.
- Creating high fidelity mockups using Photoshop in order to acquire stakeholder input and approval, and illustrate design specifications to development team.
- Delivering creative and innovative solutions within existing constraints including Compliance issues, Brand guidelines, technical limitations, etc.
- Adhering to agreed upon delivery schedule coordinated with channel managers.
- Keeping current of competitive and industry web design trends and best practices and making recommendation based on changing trends and best practices.
- Making recommendations for enhancements using reporting and analytics.
- Providing documentation such as design specifications including mockups, and communicating these requirements to development team.
- Assisting team members by creating graphics and mockups for various documents or presentations.
- Developing, updating and maintaining web design guidelines.
- Fulfilling daily ad hoc requests.
Education & Experience:
- College diploma in Web Design or Graphic Design.
- 1+ years of professional experience in web and graphic design, including strong typographic and conceptual skills.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Extensive experience in photo manipulation, file correction, and optimization techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to create vector icons.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to concord English and French Text
- Experience in Dreamweaver, InDesign, and Acrobat as well as wireframe solutions such as Balsamiq or Axure is an asset.
- Experience using web Content Management Systems (CMS) an asset.
- Experience in Adobe Flash, Captivate, video-editing an asset.
- Financial, investment and healthcare experience are definite assets.
- Portfolio (online or paper-based) demonstrating superior visual design sense and creativity as well as ability to execute modern design techniques and trends.
- Ability to manage workflow and deadlines of multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to emerging priorities, unexpected challenges and tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of web technologies such as HTML5, CSS and Responsive Web Design concepts.
- Creative, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to generate new and original ideas within the parameters of brand objectives.
- Interest in Web Usability and User Experience Design.
- Applied strong production skills and consistent organization in file management.
- Be accountable for all assigned work; meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to take direction and accept constructive criticism.
- Be self-directed and self-motivated, take initiative and contribute to a team environment
- Solid organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Accurate, with excellent attention to detail.
- Client focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.