We are currently recruiting for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our Creative Services team. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining disclosure documentation for CI Financial (include the following group of companies: CI Investments, United Financial).
CI Investments Inc. is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies, managing over $75.7 billion on behalf of two million Canadian investors. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian investors. It provides employees with a fast-paced and challenging work environment with opportunities for advancement. CI is part of CI Financial, a diverse group of financial services firms with $98.7 billion in total assets, including about $23.0 billion in assets under administration at December 31, 2012.
POSITION: Junior Graphic Designer
LOCATION: Toronto (M5J 0A3)
STATUS: Full time
- Use existing templates to ensure accurate, timely, and cost-effective communications for both print and online
- Day-to-day management of an internal docket and archiving system
- Assist in the proofing of files and sign-off of production proofs
- Determine where skills/tools/communication gaps exist in projects and recommend action to resolve at a project level as well as an organizational level
- Require 24 hour access to the building
- Minimum 1-3 years desktop publishing and/or graphic design experience
- Post-graduate degree and/or formal training in graphic design
- Mutual Fund industry knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of the French language an asset
- Thorough understanding/ability in the graphic design field of page layout and typography
- Expert knowledge in the following software: QuarkXpress, Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat), MSOffice Suite
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Effective planning and decision-making skills
- Must possess strong proofing skills and attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team atmosphere, handle multiple tasks, and work in an environment where tight timelines/deadlines are common
- Normal office environment
- During peak periods, an irregular work schedule may be expected