Polar Mobile provides media companies globally an industry-leading Platform that makes it fast and easy to launch branded mobile Apps across every smartphone. Over 750 mobile Apps are powered by Polar Mobile's SMART™ Platform for 300 media Publishers in 10 countries, which include the likes of TIME, Sports Illustrated, CBS Interactive, Bloomberg, NCAA, NHLPA, Rogers Media, Food Network, Toronto Maple Leafs and the Globe and Mail among others.
In May 2010, Polar Mobile was named in a report conducted by International Data Corporation (IDC) as a top ten mobile and wireless company to watch. Polar was selected by IDC due to its leadership and potential to have a global impact in the information and communication technology (ICT) market.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto on Front Street, steps from the financial and entertainment districts, Polar is proud to offer a leading edge, dynamic and vibrant work environment.
To utilize graphic design skills to create and manage application releases
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Work with the customer deployment team to create UI elements which translate a customer's brand to the mobile space
- Work within a platform framework to create graphical assets for various smartphone devices (i.e. iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, etc)
- Create prototype applications/mockups for prospective customers
- Design and iterate on UI mock-ups
- Strong sense of design philosophy and ability to execute high quality design work
- Good understanding of UI/UX concepts, specifically as related to mobile
- Ability to learn and work within a technical framework for testing and implementing a design on mobile devices
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator (CS5 preferably)
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects with tight timelines in a fast-paced, team-centric environment
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for thoroughness and accuracy
- Experience working with Wordpress
- In-depth knowledge of HTML+CSS
- Experience in rapid prototyping for UI/UX testing
Level of Experience:
- Ideally, 1+ year of commercial graphic design experience
- Degree/diploma in Graphic Design or related design discipline