ERA Architects, a mid-size architecture firm, is looking for a junior graphic designer for assistance with layout and design of reports, proposals, brochures, presentations, award submissions, and various collateral marketing materials. This position requires the development and management of a precise visual vocabulary to define and manage corporate identity, whilst communicating core architectural and design concepts to diverse audiences, including private and public sector clients and stakeholders, as well as the general public.
Major deliverables will be reports, PowerPoint presentations, public consultation materials, award and proposal submissions. There will also be a more limited amount of traditional marketing collateral such as brochures, ads, project fact sheets, as well as required assistance on visual content for social media and website.
Candidates will need to be largely self-directed, and comfortable managing many ongoing and concurrent projects. An interest in and knowledge of architecture and urban design is beneficial.
Key competencies and tasks:
- develop design briefs that suit the client's and team’s purpose, within the constraints of cost and time;
- present finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- develop and maintain consistency and corporate identity in all visual business communications including flow charts, presentations, report layout, proposals, and promotional material;
- layout template development across various media;
- photographic skills;
- front-end website skills;
- additionally, knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp would be beneficial.