WebCanada is looking for a Full Stack Web Developer, who will be responsible for website development and maintenance using PHP/MySQL. You will work closely with Project Managers and in-house Creative team to create/amend new and existing websites by effectively translating client requirements into technical deliverables. In addition, you enjoy turning ideas into extremely fast and reliable code that will not only inspire the team, but provide a meaningful impact for our customer's experience.
Web/Technical Development & Site Maintenance
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining web pages based on content provided by Team Leader/Project Manager
- Coordinates and incorporates appropriate content and structure to enhance web sites.
- Responsible for choosing and integrating the appropriate software applications that will meet the project needs.
- Provides ongoing support and enhancement for various websites and research projects. This may include some database work and online development requiring more advanced web site coding (php, mysql, html, and CSS)
- Provides accurate coding of HTML and CSS in a fast paced environment.
- Ensures design and content meet project requirements (mobile users, desktop users, browser compatibility, accessibility needs, etc)
- Meets with project leaders to determine project scope and its technical requirements
- Ensures all website properties are in operation (i.e. no broken links, redirect, etc)
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and deliver requirements within tight deadlines
- Maintains awareness and educates the team of web industry developments and best practices
- Creates technical project plans and timelines
- Reports regularly to Project Managers
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Education normally required: Completion of College or University program in: Computer Science, IT, web-based design, programming.
Experience & Technical Skills:
- 1-2 years experience in website development/programming
- Experience with CMS-based web applications
- Strong programming skills in at least one common web development stack
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Familiarity with programming for mobile devices (iPhone, iPad & Android platforms) is an asset
- Familiarity with industry standard graphic tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop (image slicing, resizing etc)
- Experience with e-commerce is an asset
- Previous experience to clients in Travel & Hospitality industry is an asset